Coconut Tree or West End Divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I are new divers, and we were extremely pleased with Coconut Tree Divers on a one day dive trip in April. We showed up a couple hour earlier than planned for a two tank dive, and they worked us in to a dive that was departing shortly after we arrived at the shop. Being inexperienced divers, they added on another dive master for us, and he did a fantastic job of giving us two memorable dives. To add icing on the cake, they did not charge us for the personal dm. Great dive team, great service. We will use them again.

Another endorsement of coconut tree, and the shop is very convenient to cocolobo. I stayed right next door to there for about half of a summer. It's a perfect location IMO.

I also agree that nitrox is totally unnecessary for 90% of the dives in the west end area. In fact, one of the best things about the profiles there is that the last third of the dive is often in less than 30 ft of water. Two possible exceptions would be if you can get a small group together to do either the wreck or Texas on a nitrox profile, you can stay down at initial depth a bit longer.

I am a big fan of both. You can't go wrong in either case but I prefer West End because I have some friends there. Try them both out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I only just started using nitrox recently to increase my safety margin, I got bent in Coz in October and I do not want to repeat that experience. We just came back from Coz the last part of May, after my dive resriction expired and that was my first time using nitrox. I know it may cost a little extra and may not in most cases be necessary, but I felt better after my dives -maybe from the EAN and maybe it's a silly security blanket thing. My husband wants to get certified on this trip because he felt bad cutting my dives short since he was just diving with air and he could not stay down as long as I was. What a nice guy!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom