Cocoview regulars.....packing list????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scottfeld

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So, CoCo view next week. starting to pack.

any last minute... You gotta make sure to pack...... don't waste time with...

looking for those out of the ordinary things that you regulars know to bring to make you week.

and the stuff you leave at home 'cuase you never use it...

Thanks!

flight in 7 days 8 hours 25 mins.............

At this time of year, since you're leaving from Michigan, I would travel in shorts, t-shirt and wear/carry an unlined Gore-tex parka. I would also suggest Crocs, but better to wear some sneakers what with airline travel. In short: bring no heavy clothing.

If you're the type that buys t-shirts, count on adding a few to your baggage for the return.

You will find CoCoView, that for feeling "so remote", really has one of most anything you could need, or can get it for you from in town within hours. You can get regs of most any kind serviced there, the camera shop is a real-world operation. The dive shop has every needed widget. The only caveat in that regard is that if you are XXSM or XXXL, well- you know what issues you bring when doing emergency wetsuit rentals!

I have rechargeable dive lights, altho batteries are available. We carry a couple of regular high powered flashlights just for walking along the shoreline piers at night and gawking at critters.

If you have any extra airline luggage weight, please bring Crayola Brand (they don't melt) Crayons, School stuff, like that.

We always tip our DMs, but we also bring along pocket knives/tools which can get trashed pretty quickly in their world- always in need of replacement.

Relax, enjoy, you'll soon be using the dive operations of CoCoView as a meter for everything else you will see.

I wear a pair of sandals to travel in, and crocs the rest of the time there. Leave the dive boots at home and wear full foot fins. Don't need boots on the boat, and you can always walk in with crocs to the platform. You can leave them on the platform or clip them off to your gear. No problem either way.

Must have bug spray and sunscreen and a wide brim hat. The sun will rip your skin off in a hurry and the mosquitos and no-see-ems can be just as bad.

I will normally bring a backpack, a carry on and a check on. In the bp goes a set of clothes, electronics, mask, reg, and computer. In the carry on goes a set of clothes, basic toiletries, wetsuit and bc. Fins, spares, lights, and extra clothes go in the check on. I can survive with my carry on bags. Ive been burned before with check on gear.

CCV ha excellent wifi, thanks Doc. I had excellent FaceTime with my wife and kids at home :blinking:.

If you want to be really slick, dive single or double SM. My light weight rig folds to nothing and weighs next to nothing. And SP quick release take bands are the whip for quick cylinder changes.

What Doc & Bob said plus ...

Bug spray yes -- but about the best I've found was bought there.

Layout the clothes that you think that you will need for a week. And put 1/2 of them back in your closet. All that you'll need is a couple of pairs of shorts, shirts, swim suits, one long pair pants & long sleeve shirt. Pack a sweatshirt, in case you get chilled after being diving & out in the sun all day.

Sunscreen (eco-friendly)

Sco-patch for sea sickness. Medical tape to make sure that it stays in place. (Start wearing one a couple of days before your trip so that it gets into your system)

If you have weight & space in your suitcase to spare, pack a couple of books to donate to the clubhouse. Also school supplies for the staff's children. Donating those will free up capacity for anything that you buy there.

Ask your driver to stop at the grocery store enroute from the airport to pick up any in-room supplies (snacks, coke, etc)

Back-up storage media for camera

bring a waterproof coat, it has been raining at monsoon levels this week

Reactions: Doc
I pack an older rebuilt ScubaPro MK 20 UL G500. It weighs only ounces and I can change the hoses and spg quickly. I also use my own O2 analyzer. I'll be there for two weeks in 120 days. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hand carry your essentials (regulator, computer, prescription mask, swim suit). Honduras is still an exotic destination and airlines have been known to not respect the pink tags of CCV. Patty's dive shop can provide you with dive gear if need be (our luggage once arrived mid-week - three days late), but you don't really want to rely on the "kindness of strangers", so hand carry your most important things.

Back
Top Bottom