CocoView suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Doc ...You seen to be the resident expert.

CCV Experts seem to gravitate here to ScubaBoard.

I’ve been there 39 arrivals with maybe 72 weeks at CCV since 1984 (guessing)

My wife and I do a lot of dive travel, but we always book CCV for an annual visit. We’ve been diving all over the Bay Islands, but we like the South side near CCV above all other environments. It is very unique.

Your SB thingy says “DIR”. This place won’t look at you funny, no matter how you dress, but it is the quintessential WWPF (warm water pretty fish) environment. The best diving is shallow, superb night dive access 24/7. I spend much of my 1:30 BT dives flopping around in 10’ or less. So much to see.

No need for bringing secondary isolated systems or extra bottles. There are 62’s available, but JJ ain’t lookin’, so remember...if you manage to run out of air due to being distracted by mating Pipe Fish or fighting Sailfin Blennies... extra air is located right above your head. As I often say, “Stand up”.

This is just some of the easiest conditions for diving that one might assemble. Very gentle shore access, brilliantly safe and unique boat design, no current, top level DMs with great naturalist talents, underwater placed landmarks to guide the way,

CCV is a strange place to describe. I say it is just perfect for the NOOB, it is essentially a “confined water” environment suitable for training. It is also the place for “advanced” diving, for those divers who have perfected their buoyancy and observational skills... it is macro/micro heaven.

[Thus, “advanced diving” does not mean what many might think. It does vary depending upon what challenges are presented.]

Therein lies the conundrum- intermediate skill divers may get bored. Many take up Lion Fish hunting. This may assist in their development by getting them to slow down, sharpen their eye, understand their buoyancy. Soon, they will see the Sea Horse right next the their target.

just booked ....beginning to formulate a plan....

two bathing suits, four t shirts, sunglasses, go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom