Cold to Warm Gear Conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just have pockets on my wetsuit...the first set were put on by a custom wet suit maker, who added them to my off the shelf 5 mil. I am having dry suit pockets sewn onto my 3 mil now.

I am 5' 10" and find a 6' hose just right for warm water, but do not change bolt snaps. I also use an aluminum plate in warm water.

Ken

Tom R:
We actually sell those for fd in Canada and we get enough enquiries about them.

Tom

Shoot Tom! I just grabbed a couple of things off you this week already. I would have grabbed a pair from you instead of the States if I'd have known.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions so far as well. Please feel free to keep them coming.

Glad to hear the "goofy" shorts will work well for me.

When traveling to warmer water, I dont change anything about my regs, but I do switch to an aluminum BP and LT WT STA. I have never dove in warm water with a drysuit, but I can see it. I prefer to be in a 3mm shorty or nothing at all when in warm water (80 deg F and above).

Uh, ya... Not to mention its a little heavy to travel with. Pickup a nice FREDT alum BP and Harness, and you will be all set...

Tom R:
They look more goofy off then on. But being in Detroit, I don't anyone would even notice. :laugh:

Tom

Oooh. Low blow!

Then again, you could be right!!!!

d33ps1x:
So the general consensus seems to be that my SS backplate would be dangerous weighting down south. About right?

I dove the SS BP with 4# on a weight belt and it worked fine. I don't see how it was dangerous. It is a bit heavy to travel with but i don't have any camera gear either so I had the space. For the amount of WW I'll be doing I probably won't get a AL BP for a long time.

I plan on using my steel BP when I go to Bonaire in February. I see no need to change, considering I do the vast majority of my diving in cooler water (48 - 52 degrees). I'm guessing that I'll only need about 4 - 6 lbs on a belt diving in a 3 mil shortie.

I am bringing my cannister light, though! I know I'll get some funny looks, but it will be great to see into the nooks and crannies as well as for night dives.

Jimmie

Thanks for the reminders about pockets! I have them on a cold water wet suit and a dry suit but never thought of putting one on my warm water suit. Once you have them you hate to be without. I'm going with the glue on though the shorts look like a good idea. I use my Halcyon plate in Cozumel with a 3 mil. suit and it works fine (single wing bladder).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom