Cold water: Does 2.stage matter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Water_is_my_blood

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I bought Apeks atx first stage with two DS4 second stages. I would prefer my atomic aquatics Z3 second stage because it have this swivel. Does second stage matter when diving cold waters? Or is it all about first stage which matter?

Yes, the second stage matters. I've seen more second stages let go whien diving in cold water than first stages. I've also seen more ice build inside second stages than around first stages. In y view, the second stage is just as important as the first when it comes to cold water diving.

Yes, the second stage matters. I've seen more second stages let go whien diving in cold water than first stages. I've also seen more ice build inside second stages than around first stages. In y view, the second stage is just as important as the first when it comes to cold water diving.

Thanks. Damn. I need to get add on swivel then...

I don't see an issue with the Z3 second stage in cold water, it's the "same" as all the other models save materials used. Happy to be corrected.

I don't see an issue with the Z3 second stage in cold water, it's the "same" as all the other models save materials used. Happy to be corrected.

I don't think it's any different than any of the others and should be fine in the cold stuff. I still think their proprietary hose is BS, but to each his own

Back
Top Bottom