Collecting antique bottles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am on a quest for an onion bottle and I thought for sure I would score one in St. Aug. harbour.
I would have turned it over to the authorities, really I would have, honestly nudge nudge wink wink. We did find some in an antique shop that we could have purchased. But where is the fun in that?
One day I will I will find an onoin bottle but I doubt it will be found in Nova Scotia, our history here is just not old enouph.
ZDD

There are actually 5 (I think) dive shops in Winnipeg :D
I know how tough it can be to keep a dive shop going even in an area that has excellent diving like NS and BC. These guys and gals that run them in the middle of our country and the USA must be really die hards.
I applaud them, keep your spirits up.
ZDD

I would love to hear and see some of the finds that the guys and gals are coming up with in GB, Europe and BDA. I know you are bottle diving there and it would be really interesting to see the types of bottles that are there.
Years ago we use to dive for bottles of the dock yards in Bermuda. I was a gold mine for them their. I believe the government put a stop to this back in the 90s.
Anyway looking forward to seeing the finds.
ZDD

I would love to hear and see some of the finds that the guys and gals are coming up with in GB, Europe and BDA. I know you are bottle diving there and it would be really interesting to see the types of bottles that are there.
Years ago we use to dive for bottles of the dock yards in Bermuda. I was a gold mine for them their. I believe the government put a stop to this back in the 90s.
ZDD

We used to dive there also back in the 70's with Kevin Burke and his son Michael.

We used to dive there also back in the 70's with Kevin Burke and his son Michael.

That's cool, my first trip to BDA was in 77 during the riots. I didn't get in any diving that trip. One of my dive buddies I dive with now actually dove with Teddy Tucker.

Did you gat a chance to go bottle hunting?
ZDD

That's cool, my first trip to BDA was in 77 during the riots. I didn't get in any diving that trip. One of my dive buddies I dive with now actually dove with Teddy Tucker.

Did you gat a chance to go bottle hunting?
ZDD

My 1st trip was around 1971 there.Yes we went bottle diving at the dock yard because of being blown out by the weather..

ZDD[/QUOTE]

My wife and I dived in BDA on our honeymoon in 1985(it was her first time on Scuba). We found out about diving the Dockyard on our last day there. We were all excited to give it a try when we went back for our 10 year anniversary in 1995 only to find out that it was off limits. But we do get some nice ones here in New England. here is a real heart stopper I found this Summer.

Attachments

• mason.jpg
    mason.jpg
    391.8 KB · Views: 214
Looks like an excellent find. That's too bad that they shut down the Dock Yards for bottle diving, it was a good spot.
My last trip to the island I stayed at the Granaway guest house that is on the Hamilton harbour. The house was built in 1737 and there is a small swimming dock across the street from the house that is part of the property. The owner told me that the property next door was even older and used to be long to a privateer and he had a warehouse on his dock that he would unload his booty and auction it off there. Unfortunately I couldn't find anyone that would rent me a tank and reg. to go off on my own but this place looks like it could be just as good as the dock yards. I tryed snorkling but I just couldn't get down deep enouph or stay long enouph to get where the goodies would be.
ZDD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom