Collection of Scuba Reading Materials

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like this idea of sharing reading material.
I was hoping buoyancy control would top the list.
Can others add to your drop box? @Sam Miller III and others have offered material in the past. An online scuba library would be a great way to spend my long waits in airports!
Would there be separate folders for material in other languages?

The NAUI rescue diver and master scuba diver manuals (and others) are splendid.

This book is a healthy read too:
Diver Down: Real-World SCUBA Accidents and How to Avoid Them

Nice. Be careful about copyrighted material, though.

In before someone mentions copyright infringement.

That's hilarious. I was indeed typing when you posted that. You got me!

That's hilarious. I was indeed typing when you posted that. You got me!

I knew it was coming eventually
Just didn't realize so soon.
Glad I beat you to it ;-D
I honestly don't care, its like buying a book and lending it out to all your friends.

I believe that Copyright only applies if you are selling access, which we are not. @The Chairman would know.

I deal with it in real life, so I do know. Whether it's being copied for non-profit educational purposes is only one of several factors that would be considered in determining whether the copying falls under the Fair Use exception to copyright infringement. Forums and providers have some "safe harbor" immunity, but the person posting the material is still exposed.

I believe that Copyright only applies if you are selling access, which we are not. @The Chairman would know.

No. Someone is trying to make a living selling some of those books. If you distribute them free of charge, you inflict economical damage. And thus a lawyer makes a living. Some books are in the public domain or freely distributed by the author, but not all of them. Laws are different in different countries but the main point remains: work is protected.

Back
Top Bottom