Colorado Abyss - would YOU go to them using this photo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alls well that ends well. And all much to todo about nothing from a bunch of internet busybody vigilantes who follow the "ready, fire, aim" principles.

Alls well that ends well. And all much to todo about nothing from a bunch of internet busybody vigilantes who follow the "ready, fire, aim" principles.

I think you missed the point. I don't care that they used a politically incorrect picture in an ad or that it's gone now.

I care that the shop apparently employs both an instructor and probably an owner (since the ad had to be approved) who think it's OK to molest a protected species.

I think you missed the point. I don't care that they used a politically incorrect picture in an ad or that it's gone now.

I care that the shop apparently employs both an instructor and probably an owner (since the ad had to be approved) who think it's OK to molest a protected species.

And how do you know that?

Do the instructors see those ads? Do you know that the owner sees them? Explain how you learned who in this particular shop chose the picture that was used. Explain how you know the level to which this person was certified--if at all. Explain how you know that the owner of this particular shop is so much into micromanaging that he personally checked to see if the picture that was used in this ad was appropriate.

And how do you know that? Do the instructors see those ads? Do you know that the owner sees them? Explain how you learned who in this particular shop chose the picture that was used. Explain how you know the level to which this person was certified--if at all. Explain how you know that the owner of this particular shop is so much into micromanaging that he personally checked to see if the picture that was used in this ad was appropriate.

Groupon requires a contract with the business in order to run the promotion. It has to be approved by the business owner, or an officer if the business a corporation.

It's not possible to run the Groupon and claim ignorance of it's content.

In any case, it seems to not matter anymore, since I just checked their website and they've closed the retail store and no longer have scheduled classes.

flots.

I would agree that the owner is responsible for the picture, and the fact that it came down so quickly indicates it was likely an oversight. However, it is a very large leap to suggest that the picture slipping into an ad indicates that the owner thinks it's "OK to molest a protected species".

Unfortunately, I don't think this thread is done and is about to be sidetracked into an OW groupon discount discussion :)

Groupon requires a contract with the business in order to run the promotion. It has to be approved by the business owner, or an officer if the business a corporation.

It's not possible to run the Groupon and claim ignorance of it's content.

In any case, it seems to not matter anymore, since I just checked their website and they've closed the retail store and no longer have scheduled classes.

flots.

Right. But the owner can know the details of the ad contract without seeing the actual ad in its final format, and instructors will likely never have seen it. They just teach the classes to which they have been assigned.

Right. But the owner can know the details of the ad contract without seeing the actual ad in its final format, and instructors will likely never have seen it. They just teach the classes to which they have been assigned.

The customers have to bring the groupon in, and it has the picture on it, so it's not possible to not see it.

However, whatever their environmental practices are/were is pretty much irrelevant at this point, since they no longer have a shop or scheduled classes.

flots.

Back
Top Bottom