Come dive the Philippines with TSandM and Peter Guy!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

. . . 1 . . .

Wait. . . Is it one? I take off Tonight, and land Saturday morning . . . Is that 1? Or 2?

I am so confused . . . :crying:
Philippines is 15 hrs ahead of current Pacific Daylight Time; 12 hrs ahead of Eastern Daylight Time; 18 hrs ahead of Hawaii (Honolulu)-Aleutian Standard Time,

Just kidding!

Gorgeous place!

I should be boarding a plane in a half hour.

"Same Ocean Buddy" -I'm approximately 1224 km/760 mi away in Koror. Weather and Sea State finally moderating here (eastern Philippine Sea) as the distant outer bands of Typhoon Vongphong move away to the NW. 30deg C air/28deg C water temp.

"Same Ocean Buddy" -I'm approximately 1224 km/760 mi away in Koror. Weather and Sea State finally moderating here (eastern Philippine Sea) as the distant outer bands of Typhoon Vongphong move away to the NW. 30deg C air/28deg C water temp.

This super typhoon would had hit Philippines had it not veered North.

This super typhoon would had hit Philippines had it not veered North.
Yeah I thought about coming over there and maybe even run into and surprising/crashing Peter & Lynne's Group, but the super typhoon made me decide to retreat back to Chuuk Lagoon for the next three weeks (probably much to Lynne's relief! :wink: ).

Should be favorable conditions over there now (Central Visayas). . . Might head over to Bohol/Panglao/Balicasag Islands next month November, or come back here to Koror/Palau.

We've been getting a bit more wind than we had in February, but overall, the typhoon's influence hasn't extended this far. Thank goodness!

We've been getting a bit more wind than we had in February, but overall, the typhoon's influence hasn't extended this far. Thank goodness!
Wind is okay just so it doesn't generate swells/chop or make a cold long boat ride out & back. Hope conditions continue to improve!

In Guam right now, and although VongPhong is downgraded to a Tropical Storm, all the returning Japanese Tourists have very concerned looks on their faces. . .

Say hi to Dave & Sam at Tech Asia if y'all pass that way (Puerto Galera). . .

Reactions: Jax
We aren't going to PG this trip, just hanging out at Dumaguete. And the wind totally died last night, so we are looking at water like glass this morning, for our trip to Apo Island. Hooray!

Bleh, I was playing with this typhoon on the 6th when it passed over Rota (south of Saipan)... I was on Saipan, and between the two typhoons, I lost six dives... at least we got in 6, including two at the Grotto, so it wasn't a complete bust.

Good luck down there, no signs of weather that far south right now, so you should be good to go.

---------- Post added October 13th, 2014 at 11:07 AM ----------

We aren't going to PG this trip, just hanging out at Dumaguete. And the wind totally died last night, so we are looking at water like glass this morning, for our trip to Apo Island. Hooray!

That's okay, I got PG covered for ya at Christmas time... family dive holiday... staying in a 5 BR villa (with cook) that's only $155 a night.. should be awesome... still, makes me a little jealous to thing there is SB friends diving in the Philippines and I have to work.

I'm going to get a couple days in TW end of the month though

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom