Coming out of Hibernation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1divadiver

Reaction score
still in the middle of nowhere, but closer to L. O
Happy Spring! Just wanted to let all of you LED's out there now that I am still alive, its just been a long winter of hibernation. I am looking forward to this summer's diving activities and I am up for almost anything.

I say almost because this winter i injured my lumbarsacral/sciatic area and have been restricted to no heavy lifting or prolong bending or twisting and must continue chiropractic adjustment of the spine and pelvis. I told the Chiropractor he has to fix me by May.

Other than that, things have been ok.

Derek, I hope the surgery goes well and your troubles will be behind you. I wish you a fast recovery!

BTW, I like the LED Apparel. Nice touch!

For anyone who does not know, I am recerting my EMT and just got my CPR professional rescuer card. This May I will be retaking the NYS exam for the EMT and will need all the luck I can get! Since I have moved closer to Lake Ontario I want to get on a Diver Rescue team. One thing at a time tho.

Anywho, I will be surfing the site more and look forward to seeing you all this summer.

Crystal

I am thinking it was some type of requirement that all he LED's sustained some type of injury this past winter. Welcome back. Good Luck on your recerts, they really bite!

Ken

Any club functions or meetings coming up? I want to meet everybody.

Dan

Pick a Sunday and we'll see who can make it!! We can meet at my house, DD, or where ever!!

I think Heather gave up on trying to get a meeting together!! really can't blame her!!

Quote:
For anyone who does not know, I am recerting my EMT and just got my CPR professional rescuer card. This May I will be retaking the NYS exam for the EMT and will need all the luck I can get! Since I have moved closer to Lake Ontario I want to get on a Diver Rescue team. One thing at a time tho.

Crystal, Not to dash your hopes but, from my 18 year career in Fire and Emergency services in Monroe County, there is no such thing as Dive Rescue. The Monroe County Sherriffs, and Rochester Police both have dive teams, but thier deployment times can be long, and recovery or evidence recovery is thier best bet. The Fire Service has some surface water rescue ability depending on where you are. I have even approched some of the MC Emergency Coordinators,(which I was one of for 4 years) about the formation of a team, and they feel there is insufficent need in MC. I will keep trying however.

Dan

Yea, we need to have a meeting!! But trying to get everyone together, is another thing.... Anyone up for going to DD or Rick's house??

Crystal-Good to hear your still alive!!! Can you make it to Dui Dog Days?

I am always looking for an excuse to go to DD.... I always find something I, um "need". As long as they don't mind.

Dan

I didn't expect all the fan mail!

Weekends right now are good for me to meet wherever. It would be nice to see everyone again. I couldn't make the pool party in March as I had to work that particular weekend. :( And a get together would be a good time for Rick to tell me more about rescue diving! We could pick a park or something that is convenient for everyone to get to and picnic or something. Just an idea.

Heather - I have been sooooooo looking forward to DUI Days that I wouldn't miss it for anything at this point. Im keeping my fingers crossed that the stars stay aligned, as well as my back.

Hi Dan - nice to meet you, we will have to do it in person some day... But thanks for all the info regarding the Dive Rescue team. Im actually just inside Orleans County, so I am going to have to talk with our EMO Director. I know that my department does not have water/ice resuce, but that surrounding departments do. FYI: http://orleansfirewire.com/

TTFN.

Back
Top Bottom