Coming Soon – PADI® Certification Cards Transition to PADI eCards™

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quick question to everyone. Are the stupid PADI ecards printable ? if so how the hell do you do it and secondly is it possible to see your ecards on a laptop or tablet as I sure as hell cant find a way to do. Thanks in advance everyone.
No, sortof. The PADI e-cards are one long scroll. That means, the top of the screen shows your name, pic and PADI #. You have to scroll down to see your instructors number and the shop, if any. Some phones will take a scrolling screenshot, but not all.
And any laptop or tablet with a wi-fi connection can do it. You need to download the PADI App:
PADI Mobile Apps | PADI

Once you've downloaded your e-cards you should be okay. But be aware - if you're out of internet range, you'll get a blank screen, because the e- cards page opens to "All" ecards. You need to select the "Downloaded" tab to see your cards when you're offline.

Quick question to everyone. Are the stupid PADI ecards printable ? if so how the hell do you do it and secondly is it possible to see your ecards on a laptop or tablet as I sure as hell cant find a way to do. Thanks in advance everyone.

My home printer has a scan function that I use with my hard cards and then store the images in my password program so that they are available for me to access on my phone or by logging into my account from any PC via the internet.

If you don't have a scanner, taking a picture with your phone should work almost as well.

I still take an appropriate card with me depending on what I am doing, but most places seem to be willing to except image or can use it to look you up.

PADI has nothing to do with price of any course, individual instructor and facilities do. Every location / area have different expenses and costs to conduct a class. Price of course is usually determined by what the customers are willing to pay in a given location. Price it too low and you go out of business, price it too high and customers may go elsewhere. It is up to the instructor or facility to determine what the market will bear while returning a profit. Courses are sold too low as it is . When I did my ow course 50 + years ago it cost $50 . I was a 18 year old kid making $87.50 a week. Today I do not get out of bed in the am for less than $1,800. Now with cost of living figured in a ow course should be around $1,000 +. That does not include the 4 ow certification dives.

PADI has a royal crap ton to do with price of a course. Not directly, no, they don’t dictate a fee. They do dictate use of materials, ca-ching, pic fee ca-ching, mandatory number of days for a class increasing instructor time, ca-ching. You don’t teach under PADI, I’m guessing....

PADI has a royal crap ton to do with price of a course. Not directly, no, they don’t dictate a fee. They do dictate use of materials, ca-ching, pic fee ca-ching, mandatory number of days for a class increasing instructor time, ca-ching. You don’t teach under PADI, I’m guessing....[/QUOTE
PADI has a royal crap ton to do with price of a course. Not directly, no, they don’t dictate a fee. They do dictate use of materials, ca-ching, pic fee ca-ching, mandatory number of days for a class increasing instructor time, ca-ching. You don’t teach under PADI, I’m guessing....
teaching 40+ years PADI. iDC staff instructor. Using PADI materials is a requirement to ensure consistency. Unlike some other agencies that may use whatever materials they can get. No such thing of mandatory number of days for a class, have done confined water in 1 day here. Using eLearning pic fee is included . Instructor or facility can charge as little or much as they need to to pay costs and make a profit. Instructors who are successful in this business do not have issues with member fees or insurance costs. It is just the cost of doing business

Not sure of why you object to eCards here. When you get your eCard, it is saved in your mobile or laptop and you don't need internet to view it (screen capture). I live in Libya with the slowest internet connection in the world and I still can access my eCard and I have saved it on my mobile and laptop no problem. eCards for me are far more reliable and much less expensive and have much less chance of getting lost in the mail as the plastic ones do often.

BTW, you can print a copy of your eCards and save them with your wallet if you need to have a physical card on you when you travel. Heck, if worse comes to worse, you only need to have one or two plastic cards, OW/AOW and Nitrox, and the rest can be eCards just in case a dive destination is living in prehistoric days and won't recognize eCards.

You can also take a picture of your cards on your phone, no need to print it out.

mandatory number of days for a class increasing instructor time

The WRSTC sets the standards which PADI, and it's other members, follow. There is not a mandatory number of days, it is set by how much diving can safely take place in a day.

Forget about recycling. Why do the materials need to be shrink wrapped in the first place?
Now that online eLearning is usually accepted Method of academic requirements there is no shrink wrap

I’ve never been asked by an operator to actually show physical cards, they just asked us to fill in the agency and the cert number. Most of my cards are semi ruined from being in my wallet anyway. Some of them are cracked and the lettering is worn off. The only ones I take now are my PADI advanced card and TDI adv. Nitrox to get on a boat.

I’ve never been asked by an operator to actually show physical cards, they just asked us to fill in the agency and the cert number. Most of my cards are semi ruined from being in my wallet anyway. Some of them are cracked and the lettering is worn off. The only ones I take now are my PADI advanced card and TDI adv. Nitrox to get on a boat.

That has generally been my experience, as well. The local quarry wants to see a cert card every visit though.

Back
Top Bottom