• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Coming Soon – PADI® Certification Cards Transition to PADI eCards™

Discussion in 'Scuba Certification Agency Q&A' started by Pedro Burrito, Apr 1, 2020.

1. rsingler

rsingler Scuba Instructor, Tinkerer in Brass Staff Member ScubaBoard Sponsor

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    No, sortof. The PADI e-cards are one long scroll. That means, the top of the screen shows your name, pic and PADI #. You have to scroll down to see your instructors number and the shop, if any. Some phones will take a scrolling screenshot, but not all.
    And any laptop or tablet with a wi-fi connection can do it. You need to download the PADI App:
    PADI Mobile Apps | PADI

Once you've downloaded your e-cards you should be okay. But be aware - if you're out of internet range, you'll get a blank screen, because the e- cards page opens to "All" ecards. You need to select the "Downloaded" tab to see your cards when you're offline.

Bob DBF likes this.
  2. Larryjd1

Larryjd1 ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    My home printer has a scan function that I use with my hard cards and then store the images in my password program so that they are available for me to access on my phone or by logging into my account from any PC via the internet.

If you don't have a scanner, taking a picture with your phone should work almost as well.

I still take an appropriate card with me depending on what I am doing, but most places seem to be willing to except image or can use it to look you up.

3. tomcatbubba

tomcatbubba Trimix Instructor | Master Instructor ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    PADI has a royal crap ton to do with price of a course. Not directly, no, they don’t dictate a fee. They do dictate use of materials, ca-ching, pic fee ca-ching, mandatory number of days for a class increasing instructor time, ca-ching. You don’t teach under PADI, I’m guessing....

4. oly5050user

oly5050user Dive Travel Professional

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞

5. dead dog

dead dog ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    You can also take a picture of your cards on your phone, no need to print it out.

6. Bob DBF

Bob DBF Solo Diver

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    The WRSTC sets the standards which PADI, and it's other members, follow. There is not a mandatory number of days, it is set by how much diving can safely take place in a day.

7. oly5050user

oly5050user Dive Travel Professional

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    Now that online eLearning is usually accepted Method of academic requirements there is no shrink wrap

8. Erich S

Erich S Contributor

Rescue Training and being CPR certified was part of my PADI BASIC SCUBA course back in 1976.

AfterDark likes this.
  9. Eric Sedletzky

Eric Sedletzky Contributor

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I’ve never been asked by an operator to actually show physical cards, they just asked us to fill in the agency and the cert number. Most of my cards are semi ruined from being in my wallet anyway. Some of them are cracked and the lettering is worn off. The only ones I take now are my PADI advanced card and TDI adv. Nitrox to get on a boat.

10. Barnaby'sDad

Barnaby'sDad ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    That has generally been my experience, as well. The local quarry wants to see a cert card every visit though.

Eric Sedletzky likes this.