Coming soon to your iPhone/iPad :-)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But what does it do, exactly?

Train dive computers? And if so, train them to do what?

Train you? If so, train you to do what? Learn how to use a whole bunch of dive computers?

My understanding is that it teaches you to use the dive computer......I can see a benefit to it depending on the cost. There are a ton of features on my Suunto Cobra that I have likely forgotten about. If I was trying to get a new computer, I might learn about them before I purchased them. It may not be for everybody but I am sure it is for some.

My understanding is that it teaches you to use the dive computer......I can see a benefit to it depending on the cost. There are a ton of features on my Suunto Cobra that I have likely forgotten about. If I was trying to get a new computer, I might learn about them before I purchased them. It may not be for everybody but I am sure it is for some.

Though I tend to use one or two different computers at most, I could see the use for it, depending on the layout of the "tutorials" (e.g., are they scrollable .png files of the manufacturer supplied "Quick Start" guides, or nested table lists scrollable by function, etc.). At the very least, if it's easy to use, it might supplant my current method which is to store the user manual in .pdf format in the iBooks application.

A comparison of features mode would be nice for potential shoppers though, the developer would likely be kept on his/her toes trying to keep up with updates! :)

....... I could see the use for it, depending on the layout of the "tutorials" .....
Our "tutorials" have tons of videos to show the dive computer in action - at the surface AND underwater. You can see them right now here. First 4 videos are free and don't even require registration.

..... A comparison of features mode would be nice for potential shoppers though, the developer would likely be kept on his/her toes trying to keep up with updates!....
to compare dive computers we have the Dive Computers Research Tool; with a database of more than 100 models :wink:

Alberto (aka eDiver)

making progress ...

dct_app_2.jpg

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Keep us updated

Keep us updated
We are now testing the app (iPhone only first) with few Alpha testers.

We plan to extend tests to selected Beta testers in few weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom