Comments? Advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Goeduck

Contributor
Reaction score
I stopped at a LDS on my way home from work, just to look around and see what they might have that I might "need".

I have seen a few posts about diving twin steel 72's, and wouldn't you know it, they had a pair sitting there, with a manifold with J valve, plastic(?) backplate and harness. They had a price of $200 "as is". When asked about the "as is", the sales attendent came over, looked at it and said that it was out of hydro. And of course, the manifold probably needed looking at, and there was a possibility that the tanks might need to be tumbled.

Now, here is where I would like your comments/advice. I could probably make some sort of deal with them to purchase them, if they passed hydro and vis. However, I would have to pay their price for the hydro and vis, and possible tumbling. I know that I can get the hydro and vis done someplace else cheaper, but if they don't pass, then I am stuck with a pair of very expensive door stoppers.

Comments? Advice?

Thanks in advance.

......I'd pass on the deal, regardless of the price.......the plastic backplate/harness is junk.......and the manifold is pretty worthless too. (do you really want a J-valve and can you even find the parts to rebuild it?)

......as far as the tanks, they're not that cheap since you'll have to do 2 tumbles/2 hydros/ 2 visuals too......plus maybe repaint them.

Why mess with them when you can buy a pair of MP steel 72's brand-new from PST? (3300 psi tanks)

Karl

Back
Top Bottom