Comments on the ToS 2.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBoard.... For having run across it searching for gear reviews, I’m deeply grateful.
Reading you quote me, I’d like to be clear here; I’m deeply grateful for ScubaBoard.

Oh, I understood that! :D But we want to take our Peer Gear Reviews up a notch or three! You heard it here first! :D

in the Trolling definition, you use the acronym POV without defniitng it (I assume it is point of view)

In photo gallery, perhaps "grossly offensive" should be changed to just "offiensive"

Yeah, we will be adding POV Warrior to our definition list. In short a Point of View Warrior is someone bent on pushing their agenda whenever they can. You know the type: all agencies are bad, you can only dive with a back plate and wings or if you don't do things my way you're gonna die!. These types of continual agenda pushing only serve to harass others with a differing POV and the end result is that they limit discussion and understanding. We have been too tolerant of this type of activity in the Scuba Related forums and are committed to allowing a broader set of opinions in there.

How about just making them wear a POV Troll badge? :lol2:

basically the biggest change i see is that no subject matter is explicitly ruled out per se, as used to be the case with sexual terms and politics, except that all discussions are to remain at the PG level

thus, under the new TOS (as i read it), sexual discussion and politics are ok so long as they remain within a PG rating

in essence, under the new TOS (as i read it) any subject is ok, so long as a PG rating is maintained

if i am reading this right, i think this is a great change, and one that many of us have been asking for for a long time ...

not sure why they are suddenly selling heated blankets in hell, but hey, i'm glad of it ... free market and all

:wink:

and ... er... i can't figure out how to sign up for the Pub

help!

and ... er... i can't figure out how to sign up for the Pub

help!

We were smart enough to ban you in advance. :eyebrow:

Actually, just go to your Group Preferences (once you are already opted in to Surface Interval) and join.

Rick Inman:
Actually, just go to your Group Preferences (once you are already opted in to Surface Interval) and join.

alas, that i would not think of that myself

:wink:

for some reason, i can't find any way to join the Pub from the GP page

[edit] oops... found it ... it's called The Regulars, not the Pub

ah is in like Flynn!

politics are ok so long as they remain within a PG rating

...really?

the pub isn't smokey in there is it?

POV warrior? I need to think about that

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom