COMMENTS SUGGESTIONS THOUGHTS ON Wrinkles Halloween Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wrinkles

Contributor
Reaction score
So far away from the water that it is SAD!!!
Just wanted to create a thread for responses to the Dive/BBQ.

Feel free to add comments, suggestions, pictures, complaints, anything you want.....I just thought it would be nice to have a separate thread for all of the above.

My two cents:

I had a great time. I wanted to especially thank Ann Marie for coordinating the BBQ part. Also a big thanks to the guys who lugged the tanks for fills for the group and to Ice for getting us a discount there. And let us all thank Scubapro5 and his family for being excellent chefs, great top side company, and doing the cooking for the group. Thanks to the San Diego guys who took the time to show us some of the dive sites and even brought some maps to show the topography below. Also thanks for everyone coming…

As far as diving goes:
I managed to do four dives and loved every single one of them. Some were more eventful than others but all in all they all have a story that can be told about each of them. Want to thank Terry for helping me on the first dive. I had an inflator issue and he was right there to help me out. Thanks. Krowsea and Divinman also buddied up with me on the second dive and we were able to see a lot of critters. The dive was wonderful big octos and halibut were a couple of the highlights. The third dive I was able to see the “secret garden” which umm well was an experience. Ryanarcher had great navigation skills and got us there and back. And for everyone who did that whole peer pressure thing for going out for the night dive... :10: ...love you guys for it. It was by far the best night dive and maybe in the top three dives I have ever had. Never have I seen so many beautiful creatures in one dive. I had a great time. There is no other way I would have wanted to end the day than a beautiful night dive, moonlit beach, and great company. Thanks everyone.

Topside Fun:
It was great to meet all the people I have not had the opportunity to meet. Everyone is so much fun to be around. Seems to me as if everyone did their part to make the day enjoyable. The group pics should be posted here soon hopefully. We didn’t have an opportunity to get everyone in the group pics but we did manage to take a couple. So sorry for anyone that we missed the pics. I wish I could have joined you for the after dive festivities at the bar…I will make sure I can next time. Can’t wait to go diving with everyone again.

Ana

It was nice meeting all you guys there. I had a great time. Finally decided to take my midnight flight, and did not get the bends. Thanks for everyones input on that matter.

Jim

Thanks Ana and everyone else that made this event possible. We had a great time and met alot of great new friends.

There was alot of food and it looks like everything turned out great.

I took a bunch of pics which can be viewed at the link below. Feel free to copy/download any pics you want.

http://momentoffame.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=581

First, a big up to the San Diego Locals for being such gracious hosts. Thanks for showing us around the dive site. Sean, you've sold me on the depth finder! Thanks to Ann Marie for bringing the meats/buns etc. We did not see you before you left, so I will PM you to send out some $$. Big thanks to Scubapro5 and family for the topside comany and manning the BBQ. Nothing like coming out of a dive and loading up a plate of BBQ! Yummy! Thanks to Simon and Paul for lugging the tanks for fills. Last, it was great to see all of those that I have met before and nice to have met those for the first time. What an amazing weekend. I can't wait to do it again! Looking forward to the Nov. Wrinkles dive post.

Awesome diving with you guys, and special thanks to Gomer Piles (Brain) for setting a new depth record for me......

To echo everyone elses posts. It really was a great time and I enjoyed finally putting a face to the avatars. Food and folks were wonderful Thanks to all that came and BIG thanks to all those that went the extra mile out of the goodness of their hearts. Divers truly are a breed apart.

Report is posted in the Report thread for those interested. The diving was good to great with the highlight being the amazing night dive and that wonderful moment of standing on the beach with stars shining down and the moon on the water after a great dive with good friends. :D
Until next time

Terry

Emily and I had such a great time - thanks to everyone for food, tents, mats, everything. Sam, Roy - thanks for being great san-diego hosts to us. Roger & Tina - you guys are awesome! Looking forward to have you both over so we can do the cooking... Jimapia - remember - just because you didn't get bent doesn't mean you didn't take risk. Nurse-shark, Sapphire - it was great talking to you both for a while. Gomer, thanks for the dive. We're really looking forward to the nov. dive. Oh, and special thanks for everyone who helped Emily with her bee-bite (thanks Melvin!).

Scott

Thanks to everyone for making a (relatively) new guy feel so welcome. Myrna and I had a blast. Wish I could have joined you guys for a dive or four, but we were being a bit over-cautious about the water advisory. We've got a vacation in the Philippines coming up in the next couple of weeks, and I wanted to give my immune system a rest, 'cause I think I'm really gonna need it when I'm over there. :11:

Anyway, we headed over to the Cove to show the kids the seals and pelicans, then walked out on the breakwater and got drenched by a big wave.

Thanks to everyone for all the work you did to make this so much fun, and to the great San Diego guys for their hospitality. By the way, I'm still trying to figure out how Sean stayed underwater for so long. I think just after we got there (around 10am) someone said "Oh, Sean's out there somewhere", and it wasn't until we were about to leave around 2:30 that he finally showed up. I'm fully expecting his dive report to show "Bottom Time: 4:10".

It was great to meet some of you for the first time, and I hope to meet the rest of you real soon.

What a great Wrinkles Dive day-- the best turnout to-date!!

Big thank you's to those who stepped up to organize and volunteer - especially Ann Marie for organizing all the food assignments and Ice for arranging a fill and rental discount. Everyone was so generous! The canopies were great to have as well. And thanks to Roger & family for manning the BBQ, protecting the food from the voracious seagulls, taking pictures and scaring us with the huge lobster!

Also Thank You to our San Diego hosts for making the day easier for us out-of-towners. The underwater maps were great, as well as your generosity in guiding us on dives or just giving general tips and suggestions. Next time we hope you join us for dinner as well (which was quite late due to the night dive, but much fun).

There were so many people, we all were on a different dive schedule as well, but I doubt we could have kept a group of over 25 divers together! It still worked out ok and I was happy that there was time to meet people and visit (during that long SI waiting for fills :wink: ).

My own personal thanks to Myrna for the delicious pancit, John for explaining how I missed the Marine Room and how to find it next time, Roy for making us laugh, Simon & Paul for hauling tanks for fills, JDog for the EZups, Sean for the maps, Jessica for restaurant suggestions, Terry for the sunset photo tips, "the guys" for dinner & drinks afterward, Craig for coming down to "indirectly supervise" my Nitrox dives so i could finish my course (yay!), Christian for helping me re-load dive gear and the ice chest, and Ana for being a good dive buddy and friend :10: !

Everyone I talked to wants to do something like this again, a fun dive and get-together! It was a great location that non-diving family and friends could also enjoy. That helped make it especially nice!

We will have to find another nice location to do something like this in November!

I will post a few pics, and more later after I re-size them :wink: !!

What a great day!

Jennifer

Back
Top Bottom