Comms for the sport diving professional

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey quick question, I am a public safety diver with access to AGA's and EXO's. However our team uses high use connectors with com-rope for wired communications. Does OTS offer anything in wireless that will connect to the high-use connectors other than the 2010b and 1001b (strictly economic reasons as I am paying for this out of my pocket, would kill to have either of these units..lol). This is simply for sport diving with another PSD. We basically want to be able to communicate while we play, but our team has no intentions of ever going wireless and I don't really want to buy my own ffm or reconfigure the department AGA's to use a buddy-phone. Any suggestions....

The SSB-2010 is the most economical way to add wireless capabilities to your dept AGA already configured for hardwire communications. You have two other choices. De-installing the earphone/microphone assembly and installing a Buddy Phone in an AGA takes about 5-10 mins and two zip ties. Alternatively, when we release our new mask and buddy phone later this year, I think you will find the package competitively priced to the SSB-2010 alone and you will have your own FFM!

Alternatively, when we release our new mask and buddy phone later this year, I think you will find the package competitively priced to the SSB-2010 alone and you will have your own FFM!

Really? I am intrigued... do you have official or even unofficial price estimates on these yet? or do you know when they will be released? and are you going to have the guardian and 2ch buddyphone at the Our World Underwater show in Chicago? If so, how but hooking me up with a test dive...:eyebrow:

Thanks,
Jeremy

Back
Top Bottom