Complaints about losing old likes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Keith.M

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This thread is to report issues with the update, and specifically URL's that are broken. If you want to complain about the loss of your likes, that can be done somewhere else. Subsequent posts regarding the likes system and other off-topic comments will be removed.

I am not censoring the discussion about the likes... but it's a non-issue. I am trying to help people who may get error 404's as I'd like to resolve them. Needless to say. It makes it much more difficult to keep track of things (from a support perspective) with off-topic comments.

Thanks for your understanding.

I see that we are now able to like and thank, but I would say the whole "like" issue is not a non-issue just because you state that it is not. I think it sucks that all the previous likes are gone.

As far as being off topic, maybe you should not have titled the thread:

[h=2]Where did Likes go and Why am I getting 404 Errors?[/h]

I agree completely that it really sucks. I will make damn sure to never like or thank a post on this forum again. I mean, why the heck should I? It will just end up going away in the future anyway. Those likes were an incentive for me to post constructive and helpful info from my own experience to help others, and now it is like "why bother anymore"

I will however make a point of making sure to post my dislikes by posting a very simple word - DISLIKE.

I could care less about the likes, but did find it a bit snobby for Howard to title the thread the way he did, only to get his panties all bunched up when people harmlessly commented on it. Guess what Howard....the posts were completely on topic, and you just turned a "aw shucks my likes are gone" conversation into something it shouldn't be. Not to mention you made yourself look like an *******.

I see that we are now able to like and thank, but I would say the whole "like" issue is not a non-issue just because you state that it is not. I think it sucks that all the previous likes are gone.

As far as being off topic, maybe you should not have titled the thread:

Where did Likes go and Why am I getting 404 Errors?

:thumbs_up:LIKE

i agree. this situation is just terrible and should never be allowed to happen!

i want my money back!

oh, wait a moment, uhh, never mind....

i need some info on the difference betweem like and thank. Seriously.

Interesting. You can thank and like the same post. Can't unlike any more though. There is a running total on the thread but does it still show up in the profile?

i need some info on the difference betweem like and thank. Seriously.
in my world like means "i agree" OR "that was entertaining". thank means "thank you for the info".

but this may vary depending upon consumption of adult beverages.

Back
Top Bottom