Complaints about losing old likes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good morning HowardE,

I appreciate your prompt response. I thought that might be the case. Sad that you can't change a single page as that is the only one that appears tiny to me, and I assume the old goats too. Can we change the colors that appear so it is less collidascope like?

Thanks.

:holysheep:

All this "likes" stuff reminds me of the old Lionfish thread in Florida, does anyone else remember that?

---------- Post added January 19th, 2015 at 12:58 PM ----------

What's this about clicking on Forums and going to Articles?

---------- Post added January 19th, 2015 at 02:10 PM ----------

Fixed

---------- Post added January 19th, 2015 at 02:10 PM ----------

Fixed

---------- Post added January 19th, 2015 at 02:11 PM ----------

Somewhat

Keeping a forum (or a content management system) updated while also using several different plugins may indeed become a nightmare. If you upgrade one plugin then you break another, but if you don't upgrade it, then something else becomes vulnerable or breaks.

It is nice that this upgrade was quite smooth and that the "lost" data was retrieved :)

The new plugin may have some weaknesses (no unlike, no thank-no-more, no send-flowers, no please-like-me, the colours cannot be personalized, no night theme, no background sound, no dancing elephants, and so on) but perhaps some of the weaknesses can be removed by the plugin devs... Software wants to grow until it consumes all the available resources :wink:

Proposed fix: Program a profile setting that allows a user to enter their own custom number of accrued "likes". Problem solved!
Goes hand in hand with "Logged Dives"...
:wink:
"Like" and "Thank" have their limitations. Can we have a "Hilarious" gadget too? :jester:

just kidding.
thanks for the laugh, LA.

Thanks for the prompt action/response Howard, Pete and all the little helpers. I thought for a while I must have said something incredibly profound for a change. :shocked:

I am surprised how much angst the lost of a few likes caused:doh: I will admit that they may have been helpful for newer community members. They are an additional bit of information about taking a specific post seriously based on likes and the "like history" of the poster. LB and Gj ( :gas: ) I said PoSTer not PoSer! :no:

For all those that are unsatisfied, I have a way you can strike back against the machine through positive action.

I don't remember how many thanks I lost when that was ended--I think around 6,000 or so.

I do remember how many likes I had when this happened--almost exactly 8,000.

Now, some have been restored, but I am still a few thousand likes short, and I don't have any of the old thanks I lost years ago. All told, I am missing about 8,000 well earned expressions of gratitude.

So here's what you can do to help. Go into my profile and read through all my old posts and restore likes you gave me then but are missing now. If you have been around long enough, go through the really old ones and give me back my thanks as well. If you know people that were active on ScubaBoard but have dropped out, give them a call so they can pitch in, too. Since it is likely that not all ScubaBoard participants will participate in this quest, much as I am sure they will want to, if you see some worthy posts that you somehow missed in the past, be sure to like it now to help get those numbers up where they are supposed to be.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

What a great idea John! Thank goodness I am a scuba diver and know better than to hold my breath for any reason :giggle:

That one earned you a Thanks and a Like to bring your count back up :)

Awesome those lovely hard working miracle workers fixed the glitch and now you can UNthank and Unlike again :worship:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom