Compressor identification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaWarden

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi scuba people, I was wonder if it would be possible for y'all to help me identify this compressor unit:

full.jpg

Little Mako 3 stage. Maybe 8 CFM. 5404 or 5405, should have a label plate on the front, and a serial number stamped in the block.

Problem is that it's sold by the jorair company in Canada. And as far I as I know they don't have mako in canada?

It was bundled together with a JordAir J-FFS-S2R and also a JordAir JD-4500-3R.

My understanding was that they only sold Bauer compressors.

Ahh.. thank you. Looks very similar. What is the big black thing in the front of it? Could it be a nitrox filter?

The fill station seems to indicate a nitrox tank and there was a dark blue cascading tank.

The big black thing is the filter assy which appearantly has already been replaced at least once.
Since only government owned compressors ever get their filterhousings replaced (private users are usually too cheap to follow a recomendation that doesn't take the form "you must now"), I'd assume that it's exmilitary, or came from a firedepartment.

Michael

Separator May be 15 years or 10,000 cycles, but that short filter I’d replace every 25 hours.

The filter housing should be replaced when the separator housing is replaced.

That sounds about right. They assume a certain number of load cycles before the aluminum starts becoming brittle, and in commercial use that is assumed to be 15 years. If, as in most fire departments, the compressor is rarely used they are habitually junking perfectly good filter housings with a lot of life left in them.

Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom