Computer by pelagic pressure systems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Something no one is talking bout is can you use teh computer adn can you read it. Yes dize adn display will fix that. I have had several comuters in my time and they all have the same flaw. The menu system and button usage are too complex. ONce i got the shearwater those concerns were gone. It is the most intuitive computer i have used. You shold not have to have a book to read button one hold for 5 seconds button 2 for 2 seconds each to advance to nest menu line and button 3 to make a selection and BTW you may time out if you dpause too long or do it fast enough. shearwaters are blu tooth linked to the desktop also.

Something no one is talking bout is can you use teh computer adn can you read it. Yes dize adn display will fix that. I have had several comuters in my time and they all have the same flaw. The menu system and button usage are too complex. ONce i got the shearwater those concerns were gone. It is the most intuitive computer i have used. You shold not have to have a book to read button one hold for 5 seconds button 2 for 2 seconds each to advance to nest menu line and button 3 to make a selection and BTW you may time out if you dpause too long or do it fast enough. shearwaters are blu tooth linked to the desktop also.
Spell check is your friend, makes it seem more like it is in English

For some computers, not all info is available in the computer log and more information is in the download. For my Oceanic VT3, beginning and ending tank pressure, average depth, and calculated SAC and RMV are only available in the download.
I don't need a computer to tell me how much gas I started or ended with. Full tank 200 bar(single or double) to start with and the old and trusted spg will do rest at the end of the dive. Average depth is useful as a bail out if I am doing a tec dive and for the bottom mix only. SP Uwatec bottom timer has this feature and I use it exclusively for tec dive. After switching to dec gas, the average depth has no meaning because I already knew my deco obligation. BTW, I don't use tec computer for tec dive, two bottom times + pre dive plan on slate are all I needed.
As for the SAC or RMV, they were extremely useful when I first started tec dive especially to plan the dive. But after several yrs, have been baby tec dive for nearly 20, and the rate has been quite steady. Because I always came back with minimum of 80 - 100 bar(twin set).
My paper log book is very simple: date, location, max depth and total dive time or something very interesting happened on the dive.

I don't need a computer to tell me how much gas I started or ended with. Full tank 200 bar(single or double) to start with and the old and trusted spg will do rest at the end of the dive. Average depth is useful as a bail out if I am doing a tec dive and for the bottom mix only. SP Uwatec bottom timer has this feature and I use it exclusively for tec dive. After switching to dec gas, the average depth has no meaning because I already knew my deco obligation. BTW, I don't use tec computer for tec dive, two bottom times + pre dive plan on slate are all I needed.
As for the SAC or RMV, they were extremely useful when I first started tec dive especially to plan the dive. But after several yrs, have been baby tec dive for nearly 20, and the rate has been quite steady. Because I always came back with minimum of 80 - 100 bar(twin set).
My paper log book is very simple: date, location, max depth and total dive time or something very interesting happened on the dive.
To each their own. I have my RMV for the last 1100 dives, still like to see it and how dive factors affect it.

Spell check is your friend, makes it seem more like it is in English
I'm also from SE Texas and understood every bit of what he wrote. Don't you speak English? :rofl3:

Cheers -

I have two Aeris AI computers (now discontinued) made by PPG, and have not had a single issue with either of them in the eight years since purchase, other than finding a replacement for the plastic battery hatch cover (problem now solved). Find a new LDS. It sounds like that LDS is looking at its best interests, and not your's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom