Computer Recommendations- Budget under 500

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a trip coming up and I already bought a regulator and looking for a computer right now and I actually already purchased one on ebay and unfortunately it didn't work, got my refund and continuing my search. I've been looking at the oceanic pro plus 2.1 which i found for $430 brand new on ebay. I realize everyone says the shearwater petrel or predator but I really don't have that kind of money at the moment. The main thing is my parents making sure i'm getting good deals and not blowing all of my money. I know this topic can go anywhere but with the budget, hopefully it helps. I just want something that's really good and under 500 also would like user replaceable batteries. I don't have a preference on wrist or hose mount. So this brings me to you guys... What do you recommend?

The Pro Plus 2.1 is an excellent choice, by far the most popular dive computer on the market. Now that the Pro Plus 3 is out, you can find the 2.1 for $430 with compass and download cable add about $100 for QD option. I have seen MANY people use it and have never heard a negative comment about it. There are also some less expensive non-air-integrated options that were already mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom