Computer Upgrade Choices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JCR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a 1995 vintage Oceanic Data Max Pro computer that works fine, but I am adding Nitrox capability to my diving and I am looking for a computer with that capability. The Nitek Duo computer seems like a good choice and can be found at less than 300. The oceanic Veo 2.0 and 3.0 also look as if they are good choices, although they are slightly more costly. At less than 300, I am trying to find a reason not to buy the Duo ( I don't feel any need for the electronic compass on the Nitek trio). Any thoughts?
Thanks
JR

I have the ProPlus 2 and Love it, Easy to use, very nice big easy to read screen. My Girfriend has the Nitek Duo and She like that as well. Only think she would like it to have Which it does not and is not a big deal for some she would have liked it be Air Integrated. Other then that she is very happy with it. A friend had the Trio bought it as it had the compass and took it back said the compass was crap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom