Con 14 2nd stage port plug O ring size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The lock nuts are not 1/4. Wrench size yes but that is not the nut size. For USD regs, the nut is a 5-40 , I don't know what is used on SP regs. Don't confuse it with the more common 4-40.

The lock nuts are not 1/4. Wrench size yes but that is not the nut size. For USD regs, the nut is a 5-40 , I don't know what is used on SP regs. Don't confuse it with the more common 4-40. It will go on but is slightly undersized and can pop off.
My apologies! That's what I get for going off the tools used.... I can confirm though that they are interchangeable with the SP 108.

No big deal. I have a good bit of experience modifying and making replacement parts for USD and other regs so it's something I have had to verify.....I just realized I miss spoke on the nut...a 4-40 is undersized so it won't fit easily but can be forced on, damaging the LP seat holder in the process. Since the threads (pitch) are the same and most LP seat holders have a slight taper to start, the a 4-40 nut will usually start for a few threads. Because the size difference is small and the seat holder is brass, it does not take much force to drive the wrong nut on. If the 4-40 nut is steel, it acts as a die and cuts the threads deeper....if you are lucky. If not, it goes on a ways, binds and breaks.

SP 108/AIR 2/R190 etc use a #5-40 for the poppet stem nut. Good to know USD/Aqualung are the same.

SP nyloc nut #5-40.PNG

I'm assuming that you are referring to O-ring 65 on the schematic. It's a Parker size 3-905, EPDM 70 Duro.

Inlet O-ring 60 is a 014. EPDM with a recommended 80 Duro.

Will these do the job? Cheers

5E359C63-188D-4575-9D75-C7135FAA2252.png
4CD4F4B3-7733-4ACD-91CA-FDBCB059F861.png

Back
Top Bottom