Concept II vs Concept

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

x509v3

Registered
Reaction score
I was at my LDS the other day and noticed they had a new Zeagle Concept in a box labelled as a "concept II". The shoulder label on the BC was "Concept" so I'm wondering if this last year's model (i.e. not a Concept II).

Assuming this is correct, what are the main differences between these models? Zeagle's current manuals only discuss the Concept II so I can't readily compare things myself. The Concept is on sale but I want to make sure what I'm giving up for the price :)

I'm new to SCUBA and will do most of my diving in Northern California. I probably won't be getting into overhead conditions in the near future (or at all).

thanks

I suggest asking the folks at Zeagle, I found them pretty helpful and knowledgable, mabye a day or 2 to get a response.

Tommy

Tommy,

Did you buy the ranger?

Yep, I got the Ranger and like it much, though like you still wonder about the backplate/wings setup every now and then. The Ranger comes out a good bit cheaper for what you get and is top of the line stuff. The only thing I don't really like is all the d clips hanging off the tightening straps and lack of a good sized pocket, say would rather have one of those smaller ones on the side next to the weights and then a larger one on the other side.
And to the originator of this thread, you should look at the ranger also if you are looking at the Concept, I was originally looking at it also but went for the Ranger after some research. Been doing some NC Quarry diving and starting my AOW and Nitrox training. Going down to Key Largo (heard there were some deprived hungry sharks that needed help and food) for a few days in October. Hope to start diving the NC wrecks and go down to Florida and do some cavern diving. My instructor (also a good friend) is a former cave diver who is very strict. I want to do the cavern stuff but not caves for a long while if ever.

Tommy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom