Conditions improving, slightly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Reports of great visibility over the weekend surprised me after the poor conditions on Friday. I took the news with a grain of saltwater and decided to see for myself. Merry and I stayed close to home by diving Torrance Reef and Golf Ball Reef again.

The wind was already up by the end of our first dive at 8:30. Visibility was twelve to fifteen feet, far from the thirty feet reported on Saturday but better than the eight feet on Friday.

Merry found the largest Dendrodoris nigromaculata either of us had ever seen, a whopping 3/4 of an inch! I hadn't found much during either dive until I headed back for the anchor. About twenty feet away were two Jorunna pardus with an egg coil between them. We haven't found pardus laying eggs so I'm not sure if the coil belonged to one of them.

The temperature on the reefs was 57°. The surface temperature was 72° until halfway through my safety stop. I felt a sudden chill and watched my computer go from 72° to 68° almost instantly. I'm hoping Fall arrived that quickly while I was hanging there. Perhaps good conditions are on the horizon.

Report and photos at Conditions Improving, Slightly

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom