Condo recommendation?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tracydr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
North Carolina, 3 miles from South Carolina
# of dives
500 - 999
Planning a last minute trip to Bonaire for July 1st. Will be a week long trip. Looking for a condo,apt or house. Only needs one bedroom but prefer not a studio. Must include AC,prefer not to have electric restrictions as we got hit with an unexpected charge last time.
Doesn't need to be water front. Do prefer north end of the city towards Oil Slick if possible.
Do need wifi.
Any recommendations? Anybody on here with a place to rent by owner?

Tracydr,
I see your mentioning a preference for other than studio. Caribbean Club has some pretty nice bungalow, comfortable and spacious. I've enjoyed several stays there, the nicer bungalows do front a waterview, not on the water as the road buffers the property. Caribbean Club claims Oil Slick as their official house reef. You get access to Buddy Dive tanks, reef, drive through and vehicle.

Just a few weeks ago, my wife and I rented through AirB&B, a studio No. 27-3 at hamlet oasis. This was our first stay at a studio in Bonaire. It worked great for us because the Dive Friends operation was physically next to the condo studio, and we had a house reef for night dives. It was so convenient when it came to getting tanks too. I would load the pickup truck with enough tanks for a couple of night dives, and use the ones from the shop, resorting to the ones in the truck once the shop closed at 5:00pm. Wifi worked reliably too.

Enjoy your trip.

Hard to beat Sand Dollar for the price. Right on the water with a good dive op onsite. Either place Ricardo mentioned would work as well.

Thanks,guys. Ricardo,your recommendations are very interesting. I love night diving at Oil Slick and prefer not to drive far for our night dives since we're tired afterwards.
I'll go check these out!
I will also check out the Sand Dollar,too.

Hamlet Oasis's location is great, with convenient access to dive shop and The Cliff dive site.

Coral Paradise is also in that neighborhood and has some good package prices that include rental truck and/or tanks.

You might also be interested in Diver's Paradise in Hato, located just north of the WEB water plant.

Low-season rates start at $80/night for a 1 bedroom apartment. If you book through their website you can get 6 days unlimited tanks from Dive Friends Bonaire for $145.

Electricity rates on Bonaire are 3 times what you're paying in North Carolina, which is why many properties impose a surcharge for excessive usage (usually due to running the air conditioning 24/7.) It's unlikely that you'll find a low rental rate with no electricity restrictions.

Diver's Paradise doesn't impose a surcharge if you only run the A/C at night, but will charge an extra $12/day if you want to run it during the day too. Details are on their website.

Coral Paradise is also in that neighborhood and has some good package prices that include rental truck and/or tanks.
We have stayed at CP 4 times and would highly recommend, especially if just two of you. While the units are set up as studios, there are so many positives that you may be willing to look past your preference for a nonstudio. They offer three different dive ops you can package up with: Capt Dons, Buddys and Dive Friends. All are within short walks with access to there house reefs. CP dive lockers, rinse tanks, and now tanks are all located close to the units and parking lot/trucks. The owners are wonderful and you should thoroughly enjoy.

Definitely check VRBO if you haven't already. We've rented the same studio condo at Sand Dollar for three years in a row and we love it. PM me if you'd like the details on the unit we keep renting - it's very reasonably priced, maintained very well and close to the dive shop and dock.

We've enjoyed Den Laman, next to Sand Dollar and they now have the same dive op

www.denlaman.com

+1 for Den Laman, just got back a few weeks ago, excellent location and nice furnishings. Stayed at A3? in Sand Dollar before and that was also great. Also stayed at Bamboo Bali for 10th anniversary and it was the most luxe, but not ocean front. All are north-ish.

Back
Top Bottom