Condolences for Daniel; Nanaimo 11/24/07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, please add my condolances to this list...

I only met him a few times at the shop, but he was for sure one of those guys that you instantly like from the first moment you see him. One hundred percent smiles, all the time.

My thoughts are with him...

Dirk

Candace,
I don't know either you or Daniel, but I just want you to know that my heart is breaking for you right now. There's nothing that can be said to make it better. Just know that you are in my prayers.

Candace.... there are no words, i hope you are finding the strength to get thru each day... i wished such a thing would never happen

:hugs:

Daniel was a good friend of mine... his story reached me here in Thailand not 4 hrs ago. his laugh always made the grey days at white cliff sunny. I'll miss you tones dude. my best regards for his beloved wife and all his friends in Vancouver.

- Darren Moss

There's a connection to other divers that I think we all feel each time we meet or encounter each other while diving. This is why we are a community- I feel bad for the lost and sad for those left behind- peace be with you and my prayers will go out tonight for all effected.

I read these words and they try to stick in my head but the disbelief tries to push them out again.... daniel? no way!
For those who did not know him, well daniel could rock the room with his laughter...... and that is the hardest thing to accept.... that i won't hear that laugh anymore.....
i trashed some photos some time ago from a christmas party..... daniel, red faced and mouth agape sharing a laugh with some guys from the shop..... just silliness.... but what i would not give to have those photos back again.....

favorite memory..... problem solving with LS, Daniel and myself after a trying day teaching, having a beer.....

My favorite photo of daniel is one of my favorite photos i have ever taken....
I lay on the deck of the rivtow lion as daniel descends above me.... silhouetted by the sunny sky above him.....

I will miss the man who i could make laugh in 2.8 seconds flat....

T

Attachments

• DSC02096.jpg
    DSC02096.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 170
I guess being gone last week leaves me open to having missed this.................

It's always sad to hear of a diver passing, its heartbreaking to read that it was a memeber of our ScubaBoard family. Condolences to you and to the family of this fellow diver who is now diving without fear of DCS.

I just wanted to express my extreme gratitude to all involved in the search and recovery efforts and the sensitivity with which the RCMP staff and crew, Dave and his dive crew, and Ken and Carolyn and all others involved handled Daniel's passing. These people went above and beyond to help myself and his family deal with this very difficult situation. My hope is that all divers resolve to become diligent in following procedures, and never get complacent despite how comfortable we all get in the water. It IS a life support environment, and we can't forget that.

Thanks to everyone for their condolences and for sharing their memories of Daniel.

Daniel was a huge part of my life, and one of the best divers I know. There is going to be an undefinably big void now without him around.

Cheryl Beyak-Harrington

cheryl
just so you will know...people who only met you briefly years ago, have been thinking of you at this time.
-trudy

Back
Top Bottom