Conestoga Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lerpy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A few people asking so thought I would start a thread. Any info on the Conestoga access would be great. Last I heard the water is low enough that the road is exposed again but still blocked to traffic. Was hoping to have a course there next weekend June 10, but looking like I might need an alternative.

Any info is appreciated.

I'll drop by the site tomorrow (Sun) to see if it has changed. May also be there next Wed evening. How much lead time do you need for your course?

Really appreciate you guys keeping us up to date! I'm also headed there with a group, on the long weekend coming up. We are really counting on the Connie for some dives plus another group using it for some of their Advanced course dives.

Word from Grenville Park is that our campsites are not under water which is promising.

Really counting on your guys for up to date reports!!! We're coming up from Ajax, so I can't really drop by ahead of time.

Thanks again.

I went by this afternoon and walked the road. As John said, the fence is still up. The road looks pretty good near the fence but once you get to the SOS plaque it starts to get mushy. The water level is no longer higher than the road, but it is still high.

IMG_1935 - Copy.JPG

Thanks guys!! Fingers crossed that 3 weeks before we arrive makes the difference between fence and no fence!

Any sign of significant erosion to the roadway near the entry points? (i.e. making too narrow) Its a great picture, but its hard to tell from it. It occurs to me that this will be the deciding factor for removal of the barricades.

Both sides of the entire spit were pretty well enforced to prevent it, but that was before this degree of flooding!

Thanks again for the update!

The road and its sides are the unaffected, just some soft spots due to the high water. Hopefully the water will go down soon.

Thanks for the updates folks. Water still high everywhere. Was out on the river for the weekend and the water is high all over, lots of debris in the water as well. The current is pretty strong as well. A number of divers on the Lilly got a hell of a ride.

Back
Top Bottom