Confirming fit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djcheburashka

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My new dry suit came in the mail today. (Flx extreme.)

I think the fit is right, but I want to make 100% sure while I can still return it if it’s off.

Is there like a checklist to confirm fit that I can go through? I tried looking for a YouTube video but I didn’t see one.

Have you seen these?

reverse-back-handclasp-front.-jpg-1024x911.jpg

I teach tech and cave diving so I like my suits to fit "cave cut" tight, but allow a full range of motion in my preferred underwear. Test fit while wearing underwear. While standing, pretend you are in a dive position and put your head back (look at ceiling) and reach back as far as you can. You shouldn't feel like the suit is preventing you from achieving your normal reach in your arms. I like my suit to allow me to stretch like the guy in the photo. Your boots should fit correctly and comfortably when wearing your drysuit socks. Your legs should allow you to do normal stepping, kneeling, climbing, squatting, sitting motions. Before dives, I like to over-inflate my suit and stretch into it, reaching my valves (backmount doubles) while my head is back. It's natural to look down, but in a horizontal position you should look out. Like Mr. Miyagi said in The Karate Kid, "Always look eye." So, you should be able to reach and maneuver a valve while looking in your buddy's eyes in a horizontal trim position.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom