Confused about Dx860g White Balance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fisheater

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Observation: For a camera marketed for underwater use, the manual is totally inadequate, as it only mentions out-of-the-water uses.

Questions: I know that to combat the greenish tinge of most underwater photographs, I need to adjust the white balance. However, the procedure in the manual is confusing, at best.

- One: If I go through the process for setting the "custom" white balance by using a white card, will the resultant balance be remembered by the camera when it is powered off?

- Two: What pre-set setting ("daylight," "cloudy," "fluorescent," "tungsten," or "sunset" should I use?

- Three: Does the "auto" setting work for underwater shots?

Thanks.

Hello,
An answer to your questions about the DX-860G WB:
-One: You will have to reset the custom WB.
-Two: Most users prefer to set the WB to Cloudy or Tungsten. This will depend on the conditions of the water. Keep in mind, you will want to set your ISO to 100 when using an external strobe. You may also adjust the EV to lighten or darken your image.
-Three: You may shoot in either Auto or ISH. Sea&Sea has added another useful tool to the website. The Underwater Photo Guide will asist most new photographers with the basics of UW photography. This guide can be found on the opening page of the Sea&Sea website.
Thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom