Confusion about back inflate BCDs & dump valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for all the great advice! I appreciate it :)

I used a back inflate BCD again this week, and I realized I can feel the vibrations from the bubbles on the hand pulling the dump valve. It is very mild though, and it requires deep concentration. Hearing the bubbles is even harder, with the underwater marine life chatter, humming from the dive boat, my own or a nearby diver's breathing, ... And yes @undrwater, I do wear a hood!

Maybe it's just not the right BCD for me :)

Yes, totally right! I was trying to highlight in my original post that I'm looking for immediate feedback that doesn't involve me waiting the 1 to 2 seconds to confirm my buoyancy as changed. For example, if I don't time it with my breathing, I think nothing happened, I pull the dump valve again, and I'm positively buoyant.
Just let go, it’s different but in no time you’ll be able to maintain buoyancy without thinking about it so much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom