Confusion with AOWD and Advanced Adventurer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZaneA

New
Reaction score
Hey there. I'm a bit confused. A little while back, I completed (or so I thought) my Deep, Navigation, Buoyancy, Boat, Wreck, and Nitrox specialties with SSI. I received the books, completed the classroom aspects of the courses (exams, reading, etc.), and did the dives. However, my certification level at that time was technically Advanced Adventurer because I hadn't completed the minimum number of dives to be considered AOW. Now that I have surpassed the minimum number of dives by quite a few, does that qualify me for the AOW cert? If so, how to I go about getting my C-card? If not, what else is necessary for me to achieve this level? Thanks a bunch.

Take your logbook to your SSI shop to show your dives, if they should ask. Have them update your dive numbers within SSI'S ODiN program. With the registered specialties you say you have, you will automatically be upgraded to AOW.

Go to the SSI Website, log in, change the number of Dives in your Profile. Done.
You can then just order the AOWD Card if you so desire...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom