Connecting a new HD Icon AI to PC Dive Organizer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You guys are great! I was stuck in the driver loop. Read this thread, cleaned the contacts and it worked! Just in case it helps anyone here, I named mine Icon HD, and it worked. I typed the name in just like I typed it here Icon (space) HD. Thanks for the help.

Do you not get the New Computer window when you connect next time?

I do not get the New Computer window the next time I connect. It just sees my computer connected. Good luck to you. Just a thought...did you try uninstalling everything and starting over?

Yes on one of my computers I uninstalled and reinstalled and have the same issue. Every time I plug the Icon in it gives me a New Computer window and when I enter a computer name it gives an error message.

Since I've had no response from Mares tech support I'll have to decide soon if to return the Icon for a refund. I like the display but I hate to waste hours of my time on stupid problems.

Adam

Yes on one of my computers I uninstalled and reinstalled and have the same issue. Every time I plug the Icon in it gives me a New Computer window and when I enter a computer name it gives an error message.

Since I've had no response from Mares tech support I'll have to decide soon if to return the Icon for a refund. I like the display but I hate to waste hours of my time on stupid problems.

Adam

Adam,

Yea after I posted that I remembered you posting that you were getting the same problem on 2 different computers and operating systems. Sorry you are having such aggrivation brother. You always have the 30 day refund option with Scubatoys, but that would mean you might miss out on owning what could well be the best sport diving computer made.

I assume you are using email when you say you haven't heard back from Mares tech support. You might want to try giving the guys at Scubatoys a call, and discussing your situation with them. That's probably what I would do if I were in your shoes. Good luck to you.

They are a pain to get working, I have always had trouble with Mares downloading.

I am having the same issue. I have the latest firmware and the latest version of Dive Organizer. I find it a real pain to have to rename. If you don't give it a name it doesn't see the unit and you can't download dive. When you do rename it - that only seems to work in downloading dives mode - it sees all of the dives as new. I agree though, I think it is a function of the Dive software and not the Icon itself. I'm really hoping they fix this. I have sent an email to tech support to see about an answer. I'm not returning the Icon though even if they don't have a fix right away. I've had several dive computers and I like this one the best so far.

I'm curious if you found a solution, because you're the only other person to report this problem besides me.

I finally got through to Brad in Mares tech support and spent a long telephone conversation trying to debug this issue and the upshot is there is likely a software issue in my Icon, so I returned it. If they can send me a working model that's fine with me. I have a dive trip to Cozumel at the end of October, so I'd like to have a trouble free dive computer to take with me. In the meantime my old Vyper and Prodigy will do.

Adam

I'm curious if you found a solution, because you're the only other person to report this problem besides me.

I finally got through to Brad in Mares tech support and spent a long telephone conversation trying to debug this issue and the upshot is there is likely a software issue in my Icon, so I returned it. If they can send me a working model that's fine with me. I have a dive trip to Cozumel at the end of October, so I'd like to have a trouble free dive computer to take with me. In the meantime my old Vyper and Prodigy will do.

Adam

Best of luck to you sir. Keep us posted on the outcome, would be interested to hear how it turns out.

Adam, Have you returned it for a refund or returned it for repair exchange???

Adam, Have you returned it for a refund or returned it for repair exchange???

I bought it from Scubatoys and did not dive it. So I think it falls within their 30 day satisfaction guarantee for refund. I also told them it would be acceptable to send me a replacement provided that the 30 day period reset itself when I get the working computer.

Overall I have an ambivalent opinion on this computer. The display is nice with lots of potential for future software upgrades, more so than the OLED computers. And I like an active display for night diving. On the other hand the support is not great and the underlying programming power weak (compared to the Sol) and it's rather a heavy brick. So either way it's fine with me. If I get a refund I'll pick up a the Uwatec Sol.

Adam

I am having the same issue. I have the latest firmware and the latest version of Dive Organizer. I find it a real pain to have to rename. If you don't give it a name it doesn't see the unit and you can't download dive. When you do rename it - that only seems to work in downloading dives mode - it sees all of the dives as new. I agree though, I think it is a function of the Dive software and not the Icon itself. I'm really hoping they fix this. I have sent an email to tech support to see about an answer. I'm not returning the Icon though even if they don't have a fix right away. I've had several dive computers and I like this one the best so far.

Hi, I posted elsewhere that I finally reached a dead and and Brad from Mares advise me to return the Icon. After exchange my new Icon connects flawlessly to the Dive Organizer on both computers. It was definitely an issue with the old Icon and not the PC software.

I advise you to send your Icon for repair or exchange.

Adam

Back
Top Bottom