Conshelf 22 port sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The all chrome matches the con seconds better
...I should have known. :)

Are the guts the same? Guts = balance chamber/spring block, hp seat, orifice/crown.

Titan vs Conshelf - the price difference can be another factor. A decent Titan first stage goes for over $50 most days.

For that reason, I went for a couple Conshelfs to play with. The chrome is a nice bonus.

Titan over conshelf for me for the simple reason that its difficult to find a late "14" conshelf (as opposed to "XIV") with the proper number and size of ports, even harder to find one in a supreme with the environmental kit and freaking impossible to find one with the din kit on it (or the din kit itself for that matter) though I have rarely seen a few hashed ones for inflated prices on ebay UK and occasionally they ship to USA.

I put together 3 titan din with dry kit first stages fairly cheap after scouring ebay for awhile. Some of them were hidden because "titan" is actually the second stage and so you could get that identical first stage with other stickers (one of mine says impulse). I got all mine as first stages only and some came with either din or dry kits already on them so I only needed to find one din kit and one dry kit out of the three which thankfully are still around at least for awhile. They are starting to get scarce for these early titans that use the same first stage kits as the conshelfs, not to be confused with the current (2010+ I think) version.
I pretty much found everything the long way by either scouring the whole regulator section on ebay with used selected looking for poorly worded listings, or searching for aqualung or something.

Even harder was finding 3 excellent condition conshelf second stages of the late production chrome metal type that had the port opposite the hose for setting the second stage up after a rebuild without taking the cover off and putting it back on to check each time (way faster). Those all have the later angular V shape exhaust tee, not the more flat noodle shaped one so they are somewhat easy to spot though I think the part could be retrofitted to an earlier one.

I actually know of a local dive shop that had or probably still has 2 brand new conshelf 14 supreme yoke first stages in the display case still but its too difficult to find din parts for them and he wants too much money as I recall.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom