Conshelf fans welcomed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, he is about 5.5 hours (about 320 miles) north of where I live… he is further north than a large portion of the Canadian population. wow :rolleyes:

I say a dry environmental kit is probably a good idea...

Last edited:
Now you know why I got the Conshelf Supreme.... My good friend in Key Largo keeps saying " DRY SUIT "

Jim...

just purchased a conshelf XII off Ebay. After reading all the great threads about there toughness and all, im pretty pumped. Looks in great shape. Only downfall was the 2 LP's. But im planning on adding a splitter so i can use with my BCD and add an octo. Unfortunately the setup only came with a pressure gauge, so will also be looking for a depth gauge/computer to add. Love the metal regs!

My first reg was a Conshelf XI, great reg.
Brilliant for cold water diving, it's just one big heat sink.
I've also got a SE2/Octo.
I used them extensively in the UK and Mediterranean.
I'm currently using an Oceanic GT3 though.
I might have to dig the Conshelfs out of storage next time I'm home.

I saw a conshelf 14 at the diveshop brand new going for $1000. Made in the USA for the navy.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

I saw a conshelf 14 at the diveshop brand new going for $1000. Made in the USA for the navy.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Total ripp-off!
I have one brand new in the box, manufactured in the last year or two that I am going to sell (along with a lot of other stuff) for $175 plus shipping.
It has been wet once when I tried it for 5 minutes in my pool (worked perfectly) then carefully rinsed, dried and replaced in the box.
The only differences I can see between it and my 1980 one is more first stage LP ports (which actually allows a much better routing of the inflator hose), the swept back exhaust tee and a comfobite mouthpiece.

I have to agree that $1000 is way too expensive, however AquaLung isn't really trying to market these regs to the public and most likely has a "special" military price.
reefrat.....if your 1st stage has more ports it isnt a 14. Not that a 20, 21,22,SE, SE2, SE3 is any less quality, but 14's are shiny chrome with 3 LP and 1 HP ports, all 3/8" (including the HP) with arch shaped milling around the ports and non beveled spring cap adjustment screw.

---------- Post added October 17th, 2014 at 10:24 AM ----------

For some reason , even on eBay, 14's hold a higher premium than their brothers and sisters.
As has been pointed out they don't have the best possible hose routing......although having the HP hose above the inflator hose really can't be considered exactly poor routing.....and are limited to 3 LP ports, plus 3/8" HP port.

I have to agree that $1000 is way too expensive, however AquaLung isn't really trying to market these regs to the public and most likely has a "special" military price.
reefrat.....if your 1st stage has more ports it isnt a 14. Not that a 20, 21,22,SE, SE2, SE3 is any less quality, but 14's are shiny chrome with 3 LP and 1 HP ports, all 3/8" (including the HP) with arch shaped milling around the ports and non beveled spring cap adjustment screw.

---------- Post added October 17th, 2014 at 10:24 AM ----------

For some reason , even on eBay, 14's hold a higher premium than their brothers and sisters.
As has been pointed out they don't have the best possible hose routing......although having the HP hose above the inflator hose really can't be considered exactly poor routing.....and are limited to 3 LP ports, plus 3/8" HP port.

It is most definitely a 14, it is the latest shiny chrome first and second stage version sold to the military. It says US Divers on the front plate because it is manufactured in the US but it is packaged in a modern Aqualung box with the correct serial numbers on the box and the reg.
You are correct that my older XIV has 3 LP ports but the new one has 4 and offers the improved house routing of the 20 to SE3 series regs.
Cheers

If that is the case Aqualung has changed the 1st stage.
Do the 1st and 2nd serials match?
Does your 1st have any 1/2" ports?

btw the 20 first stage is identical to the original 14 with 3 lp and 1 hp all 3/8th ports ..... only difference is it is in satin chrome and came with a plastic 2nd with "mustache" exhaust T.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom