Conshelf fans welcomed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would suspect that the ease of breathing of the new 2nd stages is mostly due to a more aggressive adjustable venturi.

Let's see if I can remember how to do this?

You will notice that one of the wrench remove-able port plugs has been replaced by a standard one- I removed it to try some hoses and then of course couldn't find it again so put a standard plug there- will keep looking.

Attachments

• P1010604.jpg
    P1010604.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 117
  • P1010600.jpg
    P1010600.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 105
  • P1010603.jpg
    P1010603.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 105
  • P1010605.jpg
    P1010605.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 118
  • P1010606.jpg
    P1010606.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 109
Cool, thanks.
So it looks like there's one more variation to add the the Conshelf line.
A 4 plus 1 XIV with 7/16" HP port.

It was only the 14 that had the arched shaped milling around the ports. All the others have circular milling......it's not just a 21 or 22 with a 14 sticker on the knob.

Another Conshelf question here - The LDS decided that my Conshelf XI would be a problem to use on dive trips because the yoke wasn't a 3000 psi yoke, so they installed a Conshelf Supreme first stage (gave me back the Conshelf XI first stage, too).

BTW, the yoke on the Conshelf XI can be replaced with the newest heavy yoke. As far as I know they are perfectly interchangeable. You can also probably sell the old yoke to some vintage equipment divers. I think that is the same long yoke that would fit the old Mistral double hose single stage regulator. I may be wrong.

What is the Conshelf XI yoke rated for, if not 3000 psi? I saw on another forum someone saying their Conshelf XI had 3000 stamped on it. Mine does not.

I believe it'll be the SE2, however, I can still find the SE2 with 1 HP.
Sorry for the wrong info, the SE2 also have one HP port but four LP port. My mistake entirely. I guess, I just bought another 1 HP, first stage. Lol.

Hello, may I know what reg bag do you use for storing the Conshelf, I bought the Aqua Lung 70 and its very hard to route the hose if I placed the first stage in a horizontal position. It can't be done without stressing the hose. My last option would to put the first stage in a vertical position which leave the reg bag bulging. My problem is similar to what this other thread is. Can any Conshelf owner advice on this?

Best Regulator Bag for inline first stage regs?

Hanging them is the best way in my book. The only time they get coiled up is for the flight to go diving..

Jim

Hanging them is the best way in my book. The only time they get coiled up is for the flight to go diving..

Jim

If that's the case, any particular reg bag of choice?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom