Closed Conshelf XIV Second Stage

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am only looking for the second stage. no 1st and no octo. I am going to run it on my legend 1st stage with hog backup. Don't need scratchless but def something better than "bounced around in the back of the pickup".
I don’t think the guys willing to part with a second by itself, as his stock is relatively limited. But if you’re interested in a set I’ll give him a buzz.

I might have a number of 1085 seconds of varying vintage and condition that I'd let go for about what I have in them....
View attachment 579542
None are actually a "Conshelf XIV", but they haven't changed in many iterations.
PM me and I'll send pics with the differences and specifics of what I have, if you'd like.
Respectfully,
James[/QUOTE

Any Conshelf iv?

Left to right, Conshelf VI, XI, XII, and stickerless from 1980. The XII and stickerless have the same large exhaust valve as the XI, but "slip on" T's take more oomph than I'm willing to put in it right now!
20200409_120548.jpg 20200409_120609.jpg
Respectfully
James

20200409_121321.jpg
Here are the others that aren't presently hooked to anything... I have another VI, and another XII that I could swap out too.

Edit to add the picture.... Doh!

No XIV's.... and I'm not aware of an IV... I do have two VI's. There was a Calypso IV... It's a later model 1085, sticker just says "Calypso IV" instead of "Conshelf __"

Left to right, Conshelf VI, XI, XII, and stickerless from 1980. The XII and stickerless have the same large exhaust valve as the XI, but "slip on" T's take more oomph than I'm willing to put in it right now!
View attachment 579554 View attachment 579555
Respectfully
James

Put the T in hot water for a few minutes ... Then apply oomph to put them on

Put the T in hot water for a few minutes ... Then apply oomph to put them on
Familiar..... Just not up to it for a quick picture. Only part I hate about the "newer" 1085s. Those T's kick my a** everytime!

The newer military/commercial Conshelf 14 also has a removable plug opposite the inlet for the sole purpose of ease of access for adjusting the lever nut. Otherwise a standard 1085.

The plastic Conshelfs also have this feature.

Vintage Double Hose has a good video on servicing the 1085 and service kits.

Familiar..... Just not up to it for a quick picture. Only part I hate about the "newer" 1085s. Those T's kick my a** everytime!

I don't mind that the exhaust Ts are a little difficult to put on, that difficulty also stops them coming off in the surf before or after a dive. I have had SP 109 exhaust Ts come off in the surf, and I've had to widen the exhaust bronze to make them more secure.

I reckon that I've chucked away at least a dozen XIV sets in the past two years. No one wanted them especially the original owners who dropped them off as charitable contributions. One man's poison...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom