Considering a Morehead City August trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks again, everyone! And thanks for sharing your experiences.

OK, I gotta ask, what's with the "she" for sharks and the he/she? Are most female?

Congregating sharks are females and normally larger than their male counter parts.

OK, so I'll have to do some more research on this. Is this a mating thing?

If you check out the "Unwanted Attention" thread, it seems to me like all females are bitchy and would never do such a thing for fear that another would steal her mate. :wink:

---------- Post added February 27th, 2013 at 08:44 PM ----------

OK, so I'll have to do some more research on this. Is this a mating thing?

If you check out the "Unwanted Attention" thread, it seems to me like all females are bitchy and would never do such a thing for fear that another would steal her mate. :wink:

Well, I just read (on Wikipedia...don't worry, I don't believe everything I read on the internet) that sharks congregate to feed on large schools of fish and when mating. I won't let this worry me (for either them wanting to eat me or mate:) ). I'll just remember to calm myself when I see them!

Thanks again, everyone! And thanks for sharing your experiences.

OK, I gotta ask, what's with the "she" for sharks and the he/she? Are most female?

For me I can't tell the difference except that female are usually bigger, so he/she I don't think sharks are transgender........yet.

For me I can't tell the difference except that female are usually bigger, so he/she I don't think sharks are transgender........yet.

Look for claspers/slong/dick/penis/ect on the underbelly about 2/3rds down the body behind anal fins. Easy to differentiate males from females if you look under them first.:wink:

Kinda like telling men from women, look for boobies first, them you will most likely know.....Not always, but most of the time anyway. Adams apple is a sure giveaway incase you are not sure that its a girl! YMMV :D

I can't wait to hit MHC this season. I am drying out way to fast.

Look for claspers/slong/dick/penis/ect on the underbelly about 2/3rds down the body behind anal fins. Easy to differentiate males from females if you look under them first.:wink:

Kinda like telling men from women, look for boobies first, them you will most likely know.....Not always, but most of the time anyway. Adams apple is a sure giveaway incase you are not sure that its a girl! YMMV :D

I can't wait to hit MHC this season. I am drying out way to fast.

Randy, you should hop on the "unwanted attention" thread in the women's perspectives forum..it's fun!

Thanks for the advice! :wink:

I live in morehead.. lucky me...lol...

I am not cold natured at all, i only put on the wetsuit under 70's....

August will be awesome...

If you guys are history buffs the sub die will be a real treat. The guy that owns olympus is a friend. His father was the one that discovered the sub, so they know it as well as anyone.

I also live across the street from the owner of tortuga dive charters... super nice guy.. nice boat, but questionable bmw 2002...lol..

either would be a great choice for your trip.

not a ton of sharks at the sub (at least not when i have ever been there). but there are a few wrecks where you can spot them.

I live in morehead.. lucky me...lol...

I also live across the street from the owner of tortuga dive charters... super nice guy.. nice boat, but questionable bmw 2002...lol..

Questionable BMW?? Ya think?? James needs to use it for an anchor.:wink: :D

I have used Tortuga the last few years as our main charter in MHC, stayed across the street from you at his place and he runs a great dive op. I prefur the 6packs to the cattle boats, but that's just me. Olympus is a great outfit from what everybody says and they do give good fills on our tanks.

Back
Top Bottom