Considering an upgrade.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Smudger

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all
Looking for advice. Up until now I’ve only ever used a compact system (canon G15 in a Fantasea housing) I’m now thinking of an upgrade and have been looking at a Sony A6500, still in a Fantasea housing but adding a wet lens diopter. The thing that has me confused is the lens options. For example which lens should I get to go with the camera body. I would say that I shoot mainly small an macro with some larger subjects if they present themselves. I also like to take some video. Would a 50mm lens with a removable diopter give me the flexibility to do both? Any advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Ian

16-50mm kit lens behind a flat port should cover your needs, although A6500 has been largely superseded by A6400 - its one remaining advantage is in-body stabilization, but so long as you shoot stabilized lenses, it's not that big a deal, and most Sony lenses that you'd want to use underwater (10-18mm, 16-50mm, 16-70mm, 90mm) are stabilized. On the other hand, A6400 features a major upgrade to autofocus capability, which is nearly always useful.

Thanks for that. I’ll have a look at the 6400 too
Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom