Considering OWSI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Best way of getting your investment back is to work abroad in a low cost country in a decent operation. This is what I did. In most of the places I worked, income was not taxed, accommodation was provided and there was not much to buy even you had money, so what you earn accumulates.

Where did you go? What was the average income like ? I’v considered something of the sort but I already have a full time career for now.

Where did you go? What was the average income like ? I’v considered something of the sort but I already have a full time career for now.
I worked in places like Red Sea, Turkey, Thailand to list a few. What you earn will depend on your qualifications, experience and also your language skills None of the countries are not comparable as purchasing parity is very different plus compensation may or may not include accommodation and food.
I was happiest in the Red Sea, working 6 days a week 8-19. If I remember correctly it was 6-650€ base salary + commission on courses night dives etc (e.g. 25 per certified owd, 15 aowd). Lunch and staff apartment was included, so you could live with style and put a side 7-800€+ per month. Considering I invested around 1500€ (there was also some other costs like flights etc.) to move up to instructor from divemaster, it paid off handsomely back. I must mention though, current Padi membership + Dan pro insurance together will be under 500€ in Europe, I believe insurances are much more expensive in North America.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom