Construction and Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

howe719

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello not sure if this is the right spot to post this but i have to do a term paper before i am done with school in may and since my degree is in Construction Management i was thinking about doing mine on construction scuba safety. If anyone has any contacts, sites, of information that could help me with this paper that would be great.

To keep my paper focused on one topic i was thinking about finding a current construction project that is using scuba and base my paper around that. Do you know of any current projects that need divers?
thanks

It is very unlikely that you will find any safe construction projects that will be using SCUBA diving to perform work. There are some companies that do use SCUBA such as Portadam, but SCUBA if used at all, is mostly only a method of inspecting a structure or inspecting finished work.

Work under water is referred to as commercial diving. As per the letters from the recreational SCUBA diving certification agencies Association of Diving Contractors International a recreational SCUBA diving certification does not qualify one to do commercial diving work. So be very careful what you are trying to get yourself into.

You might want to also research the following web sites:
Assoc of Diving Contractors, Int Association of Diving Contractors International
Offshore Diver Magazine http://www.offshorediver.com
Santa Barbara City College MDT

I would be happy to answer any other questions that you might have on working underwater and diving equipment.

You also might have luck contacting Oceaneering http://www.oceaneering.com/index.asp or one of the local contractors out your way so you can get more infomation on underwater construction work.

i see that you are on the west coast and im in the east the on going project that ends in april or may of this year is the chesapeake bay bridge tunnel in chesapeake virginia . it is the longest spanding bridge in the united states . we dont dive scuba we dive surface supplied and we dive hard hats. i dont know if i could help you in any way , but feel free to ask any questions and i will try to answer them for you . good luck on your report .bye divegoddess . p.s there are some pics of bridge on my site check them out if you want.

This is all good I guess i will just focus my paper on one project that uses underwater construction like surface supply that way i can get lots of information. I guess i never thought about surface supply which makes sense because they can talk and have endless air. So If i could get more information on that chesapeake virginia project i could focus my paper on that. Any information you could send me that i could research would help. I really appreciate this. thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom