Contents of Specialty boxes/packs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Around here it seems the Dive Shops "loan" you the DVDs that go with the courses which makes sense, I mean why buy it when you just need to watch it a time or two before the classromm session(s).

Unless they're charging you the Buy price and Not getting all your entitled to...

I dont care if I'll never watch the Navigation DvD again, if I've paid $35 I want it.

It really depends on the shop. We usually watch the DVD's here in the store as part of the class.

My Nitrox kit was just a book, tables, some printed stuff that LDS threw in, and SSI Dive sticker for the car. No DVD. $30

I took SSI nitrox with my local LDS, it did come with a DVD and tables. So, safe to say it should have for you. The material (book, tables, dvd) came as a preboxed set from SSI. Price was fixed as "suggested retail".

I took SSI stress & rescue with my local LDS, it did not come with a DVD. It also came as a preboxed set and there was a space in the box for a DVD, just like with nitrox. I asked the shop employees and no one at the shop knew if it was supposed to come with a DVD or not. They said "perhaps someone borrowed yours". Either way - I had a good instructor so I suppose it didn't matter. I do wonder though...

Did anyone else out there take SSI's stress and resuce and get a dvd with the pre-boxed set (book and neuro exam card?)

almost all SSI specialties have available DVD's now.
It is up to the local divestore to purchase the packs with or without them.
IMO in most cases the DVD's are not worth the extra money. The most obvious exception to that is the Stress & Rescue Vid. The new version is quite nicely done.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom