Controversial DEMA booth & advertising photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mselenaous

Island girl
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Key Largo, FL... Dive Capital of the World
# of dives
I just don't log dives
These two 6 ft by 4 ft poster sized photos were displayed at one of the manufacturer's booth at DEMA. Many conservation-minded divers commented about them, the manufacturer, and the ad agency/photographer both at the show and on other social media sites.

How do you feel when you see these images?

1146672_10202429338956032_363579235_n.jpg

793838_10201537221890054_768803565_o.jpg

Next week is my girlfriend and mine first trip to the Keys so we were watching YouTube videos on Key Largo when the two brainiacs appeared. Not impressed, poor sportsmanship and stewardship.

Plus their wetsuits are uglier than my hores's butt with his tail raised.

Wow...this company actually thought it was cool to do this and then show it at a trade show...someone is out of touch and doesn't know the market.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I see this with a lot of spearos. The laying on of the reef is just part of getting their fish, and health of the reef be damned. It happened to me once while lobster hunting, so I don't hunt lobster any more.

I think it's a good honest evaluation of lots of folks approach to spearing.

C'mon Akimbo, the diver in the second photo is not barely touching the coral.

As for parrotfish eating coral, well they are grazers, that is their job and as part of the grander scheme of things they are kept in check by their natural predators etc

Unbelievable!

These two 6 ft by 4 ft poster sized photos were displayed at one of the manufacturer's booth at DEMA. Many conservation-minded divers commented about them, the manufacturer, and the ad agency/photographer both at the show and on other social media sites.

How do you feel when you see these images?

View attachment 171322

View attachment 171320
Before seeing these photos, I thought I would be OK selling their guns. Not so now! Unbelievable!

The jerk needs to start buying his fish at the local market and stay off the reef!

Most of the spearos and lobster hunters I dive with are OK, I must admit, occasionally I am really taken aback by their behavior and discuss it with them. I am not in favor of a mainstream company endorsing bad behavior, this is extremely disappointing. The comment by Akimbo is absolurely assinine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom