Converse All-Stars (Chuck’s) for diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was in the middle of an exhaustive search for a Converse alternative last night and was certain I had a eureka moment when I discovered the Altama Maritime Mid Tactical Assault Boot. Looks like my time would have been better spent looking on SB. These boots appear to be dramatically more robust than the Chuck’s which always seemed rather flimsy to me. Have you used these with a drysuit? I’m trying to determine the proper size for an Aqualung Fusion. Do they run true to size? Considering the additional bulk of the drysuit material and socks I’m definitely looking at the extra wide. Thanks!

I actually have two pairs, a mid and a low. The mid's are for my drysuit, I got wide and a size and a half up. I have neoprene socks and wear a pair of wool hiking socks underneath so they fit pretty well. The lows are for board shorts and rash guard diving so I actually got half a size small and wear them barefoot.

For a Fusion I'd probably stick with one full size up unless you're wearing really thick undergarment socks. I hate my Fusion and quit diving it before I switched from Chuck's to the Altama's so I can't really give you a good idea unfortunately.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom