Converted to DIN, now I have a problem.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubbles,

Any top of the line regulator from any of the top manufacturers will be a quality piece of equipment.

Only when you push the reg to the edges of its performance curve will you then be able to tell the difference. Any regulator that has passed the CE (European Standard) and has passed the US NAVY test will be a quality piece of equipment.

Haven't heard of any tests on the "new" Zeagle Regs, but will check it out and report back.

Hope this helps

Don

Don...Zeagle hasn't released their new Flathead VI yet. It's slated for sometime this year. The only new ones they have released is the DS-VI(non-swivel) and the 50D(swivel), as far as first stages go. So I'd say he has last years Zeagle/Apeks 1st stage.

Bubbles, I am very confused about the response you got from Sherwood. :confused:

I have a Sherwood Reg. The unit came with the standard yoke 1st stage fitting, but I wanted to switch to DIN tanks. So the people I bought it from (the direct Sherwood distributor in the Toronto area at the time) converted it to a DIN 1st stage. All I did was leave it with them one day & pick it up later in the week. They also gave me my original yoke (et al) in case I ever wanted to convert back.

Were you talking to a tech at Sherwood, or someone in customer service? Because the CS people basically are there to sell gear, deal with warranty issues and the like... that's it.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be obtuse or obstinate. But it really doesn't make sense to me that you wouldn't be able to have your standard Sherwood 1st stage converted to DIN.

~SubMariner~

Did you get an adapter that converted your first stage to DIN or a whole new first stage housing? That is very interesting. My Sherwood first stage is now DIN but it was done with an adapter, my original yoke is in my Save-A-Dive kit right now. If you have a true first stage DIN housing I would love to get that part number if possible, would your shop know it? I'm not sure who I spoke with, I called Sherwood and asked the question, the gal transfered me to some other guy. Thanks for the information, you have my complete attention now. :)

My first stage was changed to a true DIN housing. There is NO ADAPTOR.

I'm planning on being in the water next weekend in FL, but I won't be going near my gear before then. Email me next week & remind me to check for you.

In the meantime, don't give up. Insist on talking to a Tech at Sherwood, because that answer just doesnt' make sense to me. :confused:

~SubMariner~

I called Sherwood again. This time I specifically asked for tech support. The same guy answered the phone and I asked him again. Same answer. I told him of the gear you have and he had no idea what to say other than they don't offer it. I then went to their site and sent an e-mail to the company. Below is what I asked and they said. If you can get me that part number or any info at all to go on I would be very grateful. Thanks.

Hi

The intermediate pressure of the Maximus 1st stage would be 125-150 psi.
What you would want is a SAA5300 DIN adaptor, this would be the whole
adaptor, we do not just sell or make a housing for it.

Shawn Haight

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2001 11:01 AM
To: scuba@cramerdecker.com
Subject: Sherwood Question?

I have a few questions on the Maximus regulator.

What is the intermediate pressure of this system?

Can you get a true DIN first stage or just the adapter?

Can I take the guts from my yoke style Maximus first stage and put it into a
DIN first stage housing? I'm asking if I can just order a DIN housing and
have my dealer install my parts?

Thank you. (I bought a high pressure steel tank and also a DIN adapter for
my Maximus. It sticks out way too far with this adapter and presses into my
back and neck so I need to make it shorter, I think a true DIN housing is my
best option.)

B

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom