Converting B2 to standard 40” hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tridacna

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I’m installing a 40” hose with swivel on my B2. When I unscrewed the AA swivel, I see that the male thread on the reg is really long. What do I need do to install a standard thread on the reg to allow me to install a swivel?

I may have one. I'll go look if you need it. I think it's even off of a B2, but may be off of an M2. It also acts as a heat sink.

I may have one. I'll go look if you need it. I think it's even off of a B2, but may be off of an M2. It also acts as a heat sink.

I would really appreciate that. PM me please...

Can someone explain how this works? I removed the swivel from the regulator side and the male threaded piece is way too long for a standard female hose. What does this nut do?

It is a Jam nut - Wikipedia. You put it on the inlet tube so it is against the housing. Then you install the regular hose and jam it against the nut. The idea it that you jam the hose against the nut and not the housing. i.e. if you over tighten the hose against the housing you could crack the housing so you tighten the hose again the nut instead.

Last edited:
It is a Jam nut - Wikipedia. You put it on the inlet tube so it is against the housing. Then you install the regular hose and jam it against the nut. The idea it that you jam the hose against the nut and not the housing. i.e. if you over tighten the hose against the housing you could crack the housing so you tighten the hose again the nut instead.

Aaaaaaah.

I wonder if a dealer could replace the elongated threaded part so that the reg does not appear to look as if it has a permanent woody.

You mean the inlet tube that you are screwing the jam nut and hose on to? The answer is no because the inlet tube is std. across all AA regs so there is nothing to replace it with.

I would really appreciate that. PM me please...
Found it, it's in my pocket. It's the heat sink version, not the jam nut someone else showed in the thread. You want it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom