Converting HID to LED

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrDuktayp

Reaction score
I have the MR11 Slimline HID and a Travel HID that I am wondering about converting to the new LED system. Can either or both of these be converted?

The extra time for the travel HID would be especially nice. We also use the travel HID's as backup on nite dives here in SE Alaska.

DrDuktayp

I have the MR11 Slimline HID and a Travel HID that I am wondering about converting to the new LED system. Can either or both of these be converted?

The extra time for the travel HID would be especially nice. We also use the travel HID's as backup on nite dives here in SE Alaska.

DrDuktayp

Hi DrDuktayp,
If you are interested in LED technology currently the only option is the corded LED 500.

Check out our website for more information about it.
SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - LED 500 Corded Flashlight

Best,
Ag

Hi DrDuktayp,
If you are interested in LED technology currently the only option is the corded LED 500.

Check out our website for more information about it.
SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - LED 500 Corded Flashlight

Best,
Ag

Ag:

When I saw on the DiveRite site that the HID flashlight was dropped and there was a new LED flashlight I had hoped there would be an update or parts available to switch the HID flashlight to LED using as many of the parts of the HID as possible. Case, battery holder, most of the head etc. They look to be the same size.

We no sooner bought these (Feb 2007) and they were dropped (June 2007). They are a great size for travel.

DrDuktayp

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom