Converting Tusa reg to DIN??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buccaneer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently had a former student contact me who I assisted with during her o/w class. She just discovered HP steel 80 tanks and has to have them! I told her no problem- just buy a DIN conversion for your reg (a Tusa) and take it to your LDS to be installed. She wanted to know a price, so I told her to check L-Pro and S-Toys. To my surprise neither site listed a DIN conversion for Tusa regs!! When I typed Tusa DIN conversion in google, I couldn't find one either. Help me out here guys my rep as a Divemaster extroridaire is on the line here!!:dork2:

Why would she need a DIN conversion kit? HP80's come with convertible valves and yoke are good to 3500. THey will actually handle ALOT more but that is what is stamped on em. Absolutely no reason to switch to DIN just to use these tanks.

Why would she need a DIN conversion kit? HP80's come with convertible valves and yoke are good to 3500. THey will actually handle ALOT more but that is what is stamped on em. Absolutely no reason to switch to DIN just to use these tanks.

I haven't seen the tanks, but I know they are used and older. I don't know if the valves will allow a yoke to be put on, but I know for sure they don't have the yoke converter plug screwed into them, because I asked her about that. Doesn't the valve need to be flat on the back side to put a yoke on- even if she bought the plugs?

This may be a really stupid question, are all the yokes threaded the same. Makes too much sense for everyone to agree on a standard thread and seating, but I thought I would ask.

This may be a really stupid question, are all the yokes threaded the same. Makes too much sense for everyone to agree on a standard thread and seating, but I thought I would ask.

I know!! I thought the same, but when you look at DIN converters they seem to be brand specific, and some brands have two versions- one for newer and one for older regs. I was hoping someone could tell me, "go by one for "X" reg- it will work." or a Tusa rep/dealer would respond or something. we'll see...

The DIN plugs are not brand but valve specific. You need to find out if they are 200 or 300 bar. IF they are the HP 80 from PST then they came with 200 bar convertible valves and all she needs to do is get the inserts. Hell tell her to contact me. I have a bunch of em I'll sell her for 5 bucks each. CHeaper than a DIN conversion on the reg.

Hi buccaneer-
Please let us know what 1st stage your student has. DIN kits are available for the R-300, R-400, R-500 series.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom