Cool blackwater dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes those are the teeth I found THAT day. And I would never mention anything that would embarrass you as much as that grounding incident :egrin: As for another fossil Dive I'm always up for that but lets try somewhere different this time like the May River at Calhoun Street? Maybe we could get a few cool old Bottles while we're at it?! And before anybody brings it up yes I do have an instructional artifact permit from the state of SC and I can report for up to 10 divers with this permit. I also teach a course on artifact recovery and fossil diving if anybody is interested...or we could just go dive.

Divewolf once bubbled...
And I would never mention anything that would embarrass you as much as that grounding incident :egrin:

Heheheheee...

As for another fossil Dive I'm always up for that but lets try somewhere different this time like the May River at Calhoun Street? Maybe we could get a few cool old Bottles while we're at it?!

Sure, man... Do I need to arrange for the boat then? Can we just dive from shore? What about your johnboat?

And before anybody brings it up yes I do have an instructional artifact permit from the state of SC and I can report for up to 10 divers with this permit.

I don't. I think the State should go jump off a cliff. I think the State has no business telling me what I can or can't do with artifacts. :D

Okay, I'm just kidding. :D Good think I haven't found anything yet, eh? Lol...

I need to get me one of them "artifact license thingies." Lol...

I also teach a course on artifact recovery and fossil diving if anybody is interested...or we could just go dive.

Hey, I put an announcement up in the right section on this board for the dive on Saturday... Maybe we can get a couple of more divers to come out with us... But I haven't yet mentioned the fossil dive... That could be REALLY cool, since cost would be so low (due to the fact that we don't have to pay for the boat ride out there). How is it, diving the May River? Do we dive from shore? From a johnboat? What do you think Palmetto would charge for that dive, Jason?

Imagine if we could get your knowlege of the May River together with a bunch of people for May 10th or 11th to do a massive fossil dive... How very cool that would be!

Whatcha think? With no boat ride necessary, maybe $65 for two one-tank dives for the day? Including air? Per person? Wouldn't that be awesome?!

Then people could get really hooked and take the artifact class that you teach... :D

'Course, don't tell them about the special spots that we know of... I don't wanna share those really BIG teeth... :D

SeaJay once bubbled...

'Course, don't tell them about the special spots that we know of... I don't wanna share those really BIG teeth... :D

Of course you actually have to find one of those BIG teeth before you can not share them! :devious:

Saturday the 10th would be good, remember we're running another Ross trip on the 11th.

No we don't need a boat, there is a public dock at the site were we usually dive from and there is also a convenient exit point.

As for the charge, well since its a shore dive it's free. All we would charge for is gear rental. Of course any tips for the guy providing directions and handling the reporting of any artifacts found would always be welcome.
:innocent:

Yes you probably should get an artifact license but as long as you dive with me you won't need one since I already have an instructional permit and can report you finds for you.

Divewolf once bubbled...

Of course you actually have to find one of those BIG teeth before you can not share them! :devious:

Oh, ha-frickin'-ha! Lol!!! Funny! :lol:

Saturday the 10th would be good, remember we're running another Ross trip on the 11th.

Oh, that's so cool... Life is sooo great! Know what else would be a great dive? That 60' tug at the Eagle's Nest... Not to mention about 50 other dives in that area! Life's sooo good!

No we don't need a boat, there is a public dock at the site were we usually dive from and there is also a convenient exit point.

Life's soooo good!

As for the charge, well since its a shore dive it's free. All we would charge for is gear rental.

Life's soooo good!

Of course any tips for the guy providing directions and handling the reporting of any artifacts found would always be welcome.
:innocent:

Hey... That sounds great! I suspect that anyone diving with us (for free unless they needed to rent gear, which runs... What... $40?) would be more than willing to tip well, just for the knowlege and experience and for putting the trip together!

Yes you probably should get an artifact license but as long as you dive with me you won't need one since I already have an instructional permit and can report you finds for you.

Life's soooo good! :D

I'll announce the other two dives... This is sooooo great!

Back
Top Bottom