cootwo oxygen sensor lasts for less than 1 year

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vovanx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've bought cootwo last June and recently found out that it gives incorrect readings: e.g. 88% for 100% oxygen and 25% for 28% nitrox (the higher the O2 content the bigger the difference).
so the oxygen sensor lasted for just half a year, which means that either my particular cootwo was lying in the warehouse for more than 6 months (thus giving the full one year of sensor life) or the oxygen sensor is faulty.

the point of my topic is: you should verify your gas mix with two different analyzers if you plan to stay close to MOD for prolonged period of time.

P.S. CO sensor is still working correctly - verified with different analyzer.

what @rhwestfall said. If you are testing at 100%, then you need to be doing 2-point calibration. It shouldn't be that far off. If it is, just get a new sensor. While DiveNav is not exactly known for their customer service, O2 sensors are not consistent so while it should last quite a while *my O2 sensor is going on 3 years*, I've also had them last 3-4 months.

If there's any chance you got the sensor wet *i.e. didn't blow the valve out all the way, was in the rain, wet gear bin, etc*, then the sensor would have been shot from exposure to water

When did you last calibrate it?
a dozen of seconds before I analyzed nitrox tanks, on a nearby air tank.
or you mean the oxygen calibration? AFAIK cootwo does not allow oxygen calibration, only air.

As @tbone1004 said, and IIRC, for very high O2 levels verification, 2-point calibration is stated in the manual.

@vovanx cootwo allows dual point calibration. I would recommend using it if the sensor is acting like that
oh, it really does, but only thru the smartphone app.
I will try 2 point calibration and will report here later.

As @tbone1004 said, and IIRC, for very high O2 levels verifivation, 2-point calibration is stated in the manual.
yes, I found that already. I never use the app because I never use smartphone when diving, but will try next time I dive nitrox.

wait. if an oxygen calibration lasts for several hours only, does it mean that I will have to calibrate the cootwo on some "reference oxygen" tank before analyzing the "actual breathing oxygen" tank, every time I need a high O2 % gas mix?
that makes no sense to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom